• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shed a tear

Stratosman

Cheez, did all you fellas see the article that Corey Koskie had in the Star Tribe? Makes me feel kinda embarrassed that I bad mouthed him at times! blush.gif

That was a pretty classy thing to do, unlike actions of some of the other players we have let go. I wish the guy well.

Hey all you Twinkie fans, what's the deal with AJ. Is he a cancer or is he just moody? Hope that he has the fire in his belly to help my beloved finally put those Twinkies out of my misery. Just lookin to start a little conversation on this cold wintery night here in the Windy City.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

AJ must be one of those guys that lets his mouth get in the way and being that he is a catcher and a pretty good sized dude, maybe his team mates don't like him, cause if they get in his face about his mouth, he has all the equipment to kick their a$$? grin.gif

Thanks for the info Grebe. I kinda thought that but was just checking with some Twinkie fans. God knows my beloved Pale Hose have enough potential "cancer" spreaders on the team already. Maybe a hiney kicker is just what they need. I know that I hated AJ when he played the Sox, kinda like I hated Dennis Rodman when he was a piston but loved him when he was a Bull. Hey, just saw the Queens put a hurtin on Brett and the cheese heads up at Lambeau. Wow. If Daunte can stay away from the lottery (pick 3, pick 4) maybe the Queens can go somewhere. Talk to you later.

YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD....YES!

Windy, AJ was awesome for us a few years ago... alot of big hits and a decent catcher! He should be a good edition to your squad! It looks like the tribe is putting together a good pitching staff, they may be the team to beat this year as opposed to Minny.

Windy...I liked AJ when he played for us, I thought he was a really good catcher and he had some pop in his bat. I did'nt want to see him go and I would not have minded if he came back!

Of course, i did'nt have to play ball with the guy, so I can say that with impunity!

I'm sure that most of us have at one time or another, had to work with a Dick head that you would just as soon put your fist down his throat as look at him! I know I have and it is a drain having to be around someone like that without being able to tune em up without loosing your job!

Maybe AJ is one of those kind of people, maybe that is why he moves around so much, other players don't want to be around him and managers don't want him disrupting the team?

Overall he isn't too bad I don't think, though always had that kind of cocky arrogance to him. I knew him pretty good a few years back when I lived in Johnson City, TN. He use to come around the college I worked at and work out quite a bit. I also spent some time with the Twins organization and didn't have any problems with him then either. Helped me out quite a bit while I was on staff with the team.

Fri Dec 17 2004 12:52 PM

First Ice writes:

Quote:

I want to see the Twins sign Joe Randa to a one year contract to play 3rd - The guy is excellent defensively and a solid right-handed hitter. He would be a good mentor to the Tiffees and Cuddyers of the world.

Well, he signed as a free agent with the Reds on Dec. 21, 2004. (4 days after your post)...good news though!

The Twins did sign Eric Munson as a non-roster invitee (whom the Tigers released outright), who may have led the Major Leagues in errors and who had to be replaced by the catcher Brandon Inge at 3rd base (he played so well he has been named the starter at 3rd, well...that and the fact there's a guy named Ivan Rodriguez at the catcher position).

Munson does have some power (19 hr's in 321 plate appearances last season) and looks to play 1st base instead, but he'll never earn a Gold Glove at any position...

All I have to say to Munson (as a Tigers fan) is Good Riddance!! and no better team could sign him in my book! I hope he becomes a Twin and continues to play 3rd base!! grin.gif