• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sick and tired of this

Tell me if I am wrong for being extremely angry at guys who set up right in front of your goose spread and sky bust every flock that is locked and commited to your spread and calls? This is the 4th time this has happened to me this year. We arrive at the field about 1 1/2 - 2 hours before hours to set up dekes, dress up the blinds and get set up and then a truck drives by us about 7:15 about 50 yards from us and parks the truck about 400 yards from us. They set up 6 dekes and park the truck near us. There dog is running around us and is out of control. Then about 5 mins later a group of 8 are commited to our spread and fly over these guys about 80-100 yards high. They open up, flare the birds and get none. Well this happened about 5 more times til I went over there and said my piece of mind. They started mummbling something while i walked away and I just ignored them. Well when they did it another two times I said screw it.....why call these geese into our spread just to get sky busted about 300 yards away from us? We ended up with 4 but should have had a limit of 25 easily. Well I needed to vent and say I am sick of this s%*# and just asking for a little more respect from hunters sometimes. Sorry about whining.

Maybe you ought to get the CO to go hunting with you. I don't know if what they are doing qualifies as hunter harrasment or not but the CO going and talking to them may change their attitude. Don't know that there are any laws against sky busting but if nothing else it is unethical to say the least. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

I feel for you man. That really sucks, all that time and effort you put into the hunt just to watch some SLOBS ruin it for you is the worst. Not much you can do, that is what is so frustrating about it all. Good luck in the future that is doesnt happen again. Maybe try going out during the week and I bet they wont be there hopefully. Good luck the rest of the late season.

Don't go off on me but have you thought of inviting 'em over and trying to show them the right way of doing things. I may have missed some of your posting and if that did not work call the CO and let them deal withthese guys. never approach a person who is armed w/ a angry approach you never know what you will get as recent events have shown.

I admit I have had a few words in the past over the same issues and my first suggestion seemed to work best.

later

big drift