• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ok, so who's a member of.....

The "I Hate Barry Bonds" Club?

It's now offical...HE TOOK ROIDS!!!

Every record, every achieviement he has or will set dont mean squat in my book anymore. The guy cheated and should be banned. What a lying piece of garbage.

And you can't tell me he diddn't know what he was taking...if he diddnt, he's even dumber than if he did know.

I concur with the whole "I didn't know what I was taking" B.S. That is the same as a mentally challenged person eating a turd because they didn't know what it was. If I tried everything that I wasn't sure about I would have several diseases and probably be dead by now.

I've been a member for a long time. These guys rely on their body so you can't expect me to believe that they don't know what they are injecting/smearing on themselves. Also don't forget Corky (aka Sammy Sosa) why isn't he brought into this? I've got both Corky and Barry Steroids rookie cards you should see the difference. Corky looked like a stick and now barely fits into his shirt and I think everyone can see the differences in Bonds.

The only problem with that theory is half that league is on roids so many of the guys he was outperforming every year were also juiced. Plus Bonds was winning MVP's before he got juiced so you really can't deny his talent. I'm not a big fan of his, but his skills are undeniable.

Bonds, Giambi, Caminiti, McGuire- They are making Mays, Williams, Ruth and DiMaggio that much better. When Bonds breaks the all time record there should be an * next to it.

* Accomplished with the aid of illegal steriod abuse.

Or they should just not recognize it, that would be better.

So since he juiced his body for his on the field prefomance, will he still be able to get into the Hall fof Fame? I sure hope not. If he does then Rose should be in there before Bonds. Rose did exceptionally well on the field without having to enhance his body. Yes he may have gambled on the games, but they didn't enhace the power behind his hitting.

I've never been a Bonds fan. The whole roids thing just makes me dislike him more. Sure he has talent.........but.........Hey Barry, this is a team sport. Anyone who needs his own personel recliner in the locker room has issues with being a team player.

All the talent in the world doesn't make up for the fact that you are a butt-head.

I don't really hate any of those guys...Come to think about it, I guess I don't really hate anybody? Lots of people I have an intense dislike for though!

I don't know if they had any kind of drugging ability, back when Mays and all the others played? If they did, it certainly would'nt be anything close to what is available today!

Everybody in baseball knows about all the little things that happen in baseball, top to bottom. They know about doping, corked bats, drugs, the works, but they don't run out and blab to the press. I bet there is alot more then we know about!

They might not be doing drugs, but maybe they are cheating on their old lady, or have some other skeleton in the closet? They blab and someone blabs back.

Not only that, but in order to function as one unit, the teams have to be tight and if your tight, there is'nt alot of dime dropping!

McGuire, Sosa, Gianbi, Bonds, and who knows how may others in pro sports, football, boxing, baseball, track. tennis, maybe they should start two separate hall of fames for each sport, presteroids and poststeroids! confused.gif

MLB has a disaster on their hands. They need to get their act together and implement a more stringent drug testing policy and start imposing more suspensions/penalties. The players union needs to get behind this too. Sheffield is one who should do a voluntary drug test and make his results public if his claim that he doesn't do anything. Wonder if any of the big HR hitters are worried...like Pujhols, Gonzalez, Rameriz. I wonder if we will see some smaller bodies next season like we saw in Giambi. Bond's ain't no stupid person, but he answered questions in court like he was.

giambi at least said he did it but bonds says " he didnt know" that all these supplements were steroids 15 years ago he weighed about 180 now he weighs 240 and is over 40 yrs old do the math on him they should erase all his records and ban him I wonder what will happen when he breaks hank aarons homerun record will there be a riot or something?with sports these days I wouldnt be suprised if that happened its sad to say

is it just me, but I thought roids made you hiper. from all the games I seen bonds last year, this guy is way layed back, and very comfortable at the plate, I guess you get that way when everyone pitches around you. he probably has uses roids, but I don't think its a factor in what he is doing now. he is one of the best thats for sure.

now you look at giambi, his production has fallen off to were I think the yanks don't what him anymore. its becuase he dosen't use anything anymore, so there was improvement for him for sure with roids. his brother had trouble even staying in the majors, and they both were about the same size.

its a good thing I am a twins fan.

I agree, how many of his homeruns are legitamate? No way for anyone to tell. Same can be said for Sammy, how many times did he use his cork before it broke? Sure didn't see much production this year from him, he must be like Giambi and got off the juice. May Bonds never break anymore records other than K's and Intentional Walks.

Should any of this be a shock to anyone? Not a Barry Bonds fan but do like his approach to hitting. Selective strike zone etc. I'm a big bb fan and really have no opinion on this issue. I go with the Charles Barkley opinion, in that you should never consider a pro athlete to be a role model.

mjgrose & Mr. Herman,

I liked both of those posts here at the end. I think Barry's a great player & probably would have done 90% of what he's done, without roids, other than obviously the distance of some of his bombs. Some of those homers that he got just barely over the fence, which there are a few, were probably good enough pitches to get him out, if he's not juiced, which does suck for the pitchers.

He is a jerk & I'm sure if I knew him personally I'd detest him just from his shere arrogance alone.

One thing to consider is that "roids", in essence, brought back the game of baseball. Sammy "Steriod Cork Soaking" Sosa and Mark "Acne Back" McGwire gave America something to be excited about again when they chased and eventually crushed the home-run records. What sucks is that every three or four years something happens to taint this wonderful game, and bring it back to its earthly status. Thank the Lord for the Red Sox this year.

Mr Senarighi, Thats the exact thing I was trying to relay in my previous post. Recalling the Sosa/Mac duel, at the time we all probably were rushing home from work to catch sportcenter to see if they hit another one. But at the same time, saying to ourselves, these guys are probably doped up. Do you get where I'm coming from? I didn't care cuz it was such a rush. Now I just sit back and say to myself, yeah I fiquired it would come out.

Tom.. I believe that Bonds and others have switched from ash bats to maple thus the ball is bound to fly further. I'm sure that illegal substances are used in just about all major sports. They need to implement tougher testing policies on performance inhancing durgs throughout ALL sports!!! Baseball just happened to be the ones that got caught.

Thats a good argument about the bats, but you you still can't discount the fact that someone using a maple bat and is juiced up is going to hit it further than someone who is using a maple bat and is not.

I'd like to see a stat for how many HR's bonds has hit since he started juicing up that just cleared the fence or went over by 50 feet or less.

Mac admitted using Andro and after he quit taking it he went downhill fast, mainly because of injuries but I believe Anrdo helps you recover from stuff faster and keeps you strong actually helping you avoid injuries. Andro was not a banned substance when Mac took it, so not sure you could discredit him.

As for Sammy, who knows, but the speculation is there for sure.

The season is longer + the ballparks are smaller = more homeruns

you can add steroids if you want, but it makes sense that balls are flying out of parks faster than ever before if you look at it this way.

Consider the dimensions of Yankee stadium when Ruth hit 60 in 1927 and when Maris hit 61 in 1961. how many dingers would these two have hit in one of todays ballparks. Now i realize they were both lefties and yankee stadium has always had a short porch in right, but it was nearly impossible to get one out in center or left. They also had fewer games with 155 games and 156 game schedules compared to todays 162.

Left Line-280

Left center-395

left center-490

center-487

right center-429

right center-350

right line-294

left line-301

left center-402

left center-457

center-461

right center-407