• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Fishing Minnesota Outing

dont think ill be able to make that on fellas, there is a tourney out on kampeska that day, we usually make it an annual party on the ice. Ill have to do my ice drinking there this time! You fellas have fun!

anyone been fishing on bitter at all?? seems to me that its been kinda quiet.

As I posted earlier, I was on Bitter yesterday scoping things out. I think it would be a fun place to have it. I do not know the lake very well, but I am always willing to explore new areas. Fished yeasterday and only picked up a few walleyes towards evening.

As for a meeting place and time. I would like to have it as early as you all will want to come. I would reccomend around 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. I have to work at 5:00 pm so I will have to leave around 3:00. mad.gif (Prime fishing)

Yesterday, I went out of the public ramp south of Waubay. From there we had access to just about the entire lake. We could meet at the landing or if someone has a better place.

Other than the snow drifts there is not too much snow. I drove around in tow wheel the entire time on the lake. It should be fun time I can't wait! I found someone to switch nights with me so I no longer have to work. I can stay all night. cool.gif

Eyes4life

Please shoot me an e-mail, I want to ask you a few questions.

mw

Mike- it looks like I will not be able to make it to Bitter. Looks like I will have to be pushing snow on Sat. morning, unless the weather makes different plans. Bummer, I have been packed and ready for a week now and was really looking forward to fishing up north. I guess I will have to fish the Thompson area what ever time I can get away! Maybe next time though.

I just wanted to do a roll call! Who plans on making it? I was also thinking if the bite is slow we can always jump up to Waubay for the evening.

Lets meet at 7:00 a.m. at the public ramp on the east side of Bitter Lake, just south of Waubay on 447 Ave. I'm not sure of the county road number (if it even is a Co. Rd.)

If you are running a little late I will bring a some type of blaze orange clothing and hang it on my pick up. I drive a black and gray Dodge Ram with a topper. I will be fishing out of a green Otter fishhouse.

Hope to see some faces.

Mike

Mike

If the weather comes in Fri. like the weather man says, I won't be there. It's a 3 hour drive, and I don't want to fight ice or snow. If the weather misses I'll be there at 9 or 10am. smirk.gif

Mike R

I know the National Weather Service (NOAA) isn't predicting very nice weather for Saturday. 25 to 35 mile per hour winds and gusting up to 46!!! so even if we don't get any snow it won't be much fun to do in the wind. I think maybe we should think about moving it back one week, because there are a few people that have fishing tournaments this weekend that I think they would like to come to this FM get together but can't this Saturday. Second (and just important) is the weather, It really sucks to have to cancel this get together because I really would like to meet everyone but I think it would be the right thing to do for now. If you still have it I might not be able to get there cause I live 3 hours away too and that's a long way in crappy weather. frown.gif I hope you still have it but I hope it's on a different date. grin.gif

If it looks like we won't have a turnout we can cancel. It just might be the best thing. I want to have it be safe and enjoyable for all. I will recheck the weather first thing in the morning and report back as soon as I get the latest update. I apoligize for the late notice, but it is a weather and safty factor

We can always have another one later on.

The weekend of the 30th will not work for me as I will be having family coming for the weekend.

Mike

!!!!CANCELLED!!!!

The weather channel now says 20-30mph winds and A high of 6 degrees. Plus add any of the left over icy roads from today. Lets push it back a few weeks. I again appoligize for the late notice.

I am still planning on fishing up that direction so if any one was still planning on going shoot me an e-mail or post up!

Mike

Mike and Everyone Else:

Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I've been a little busy with the weather of course. I'm glad to see that you cancelled becuase it doesn't look great up there today or tomorrow. The winds will be the main story tomorrow.

When/if the get together is rescheduled & I can't make it, I would be willing to give everyone that attends a deal on bait if they travel through Sioux Falls and stop at my store. That would be my little contribution to the event, but I don't know how many people would actually come through SF. Take care and hope to see all of you sometime soon!

Todd Heitkamp