• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy stealth owners

JimJ

Question

9 answers to this question

I've got a two horse legend. same engine. it hasn't been an issue not having a primer bulb. you just choke it, pull on it. if it starts, great, but usually you have to back the choke off and pull on it again to get it started. i had mine on low last year -20 and it took about six pulls to get it started, but that's not too bad.

Most complaints of loss of power stem from not allowing proper warm up time. With all 2 & 3 hp augurs you should allow them a good 30 seconds to a minute to warm before putting them under load.

The Jiffy Stealth will cut any ice as long as you maintain the cutting edges periodically. With simple maintenance they cut like new blades, every time. A very dependable system.

Ed, What type of care should I do other than replacing cutting blades on my 10'' stealth. Have used it for 1 year and it runs fine and cuts good also,just wondering if there would be some other blade care to save cutting edges.

Jim, I have the 2hp stealth with 9" auger. I have never had any problems with start-up. On cold days you pull the choke and it starts on the first pull, let it run til it dies then flip the choke off and she start in one pull and your good to go for the day. I do agree with the other post here that you should allow for warm-up time before putting it under load. Iceman out>

LEE harveyY mostly it is a simple matter of touching up the cutting edge on the blades.

You can do a search on the net for an article I done called "The Razors Edge in a “Jiffy”, it may help. Or if you wish I can send the article to you in a Word format if you drop me an e-mail.