• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tackle Box

Yukon Don

Question

What does everyone use to carry and organize their tackle? I'm looking for a new system to carry my tackle. I fish mainly walleye and some panfish. Everytime I open my tackle box I have one big ball of jigs and spoons to sort out. There's got to be a better way. confused.gif

5 answers to this question

Get a soft side and dont look back. Soft sided tackle boxes carry the different smaller tackle boxes. That way you can have multiple boxes, one for jigs, one for hooks.. one for panfish one for ect.. then just bring the ones you think you are going to use on that trip. Leave the rest at home.

Yukon Dan-

I've got a soft side tackle box from Cabelas. It holds 6 tackle trays in it. I felt the large tackle trays were probably too big for some of my ice gear- maybe not my Chubby Darters, Jigging Raps or larger spoons. So I picked up a bunch of fly fishing lure boxes and store my lures in there. It is more organized and eliminates tangles. I also still store stuff in smaller tackle trays also- sinkers, floats, etc.

When I need to, I can also take these same smaller sized tackle boxes and put them in my Revolution rod bag or even in your jacket pockets.

I do have tackle boxes with trays, depending on fishing type I choose and add the trays with lures I need, plus keep a standard tray with weights, hooks, bobbers, and misc hardware. I have hard plastic, not soft, but result is same...no more cluttering boat with 4 or 5 big tackle boxes.

Also, if your boat has a small enclosed tackle box, I would put all the generic hardware, weights, hooks, bobbers, etc in there, since they are always used, no matter what you fish.

Yeah thats my #1 regret about buying a bag style for in the summer time. Once it starts raining, its straight to the tackle bag to cover it up or throw it under the counsel. Otherwise I like the bags a lot. So I'm not sure what to get for my next tackle box.

In the winter time I have a cheap soft sided one that I got at cabelas for $12. It's last me 3 winters now and I can tell I need to upgrade soon. You get what you pay for. But in the winter you cant go wrong with the soft sided ones. I love it for that time of the year. And they don't get wet either unless it rains out, otherwise they are just perfect to have.