• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Raven

bucketmouth64

Kare 11 news will be having a feature on Ron Schara's lab Raven. Apparently, the dog is retiring. Does anyone know if something is wrong with Raven? Is he being put to sleep? Also, tonight MN. Bound will have a feature on black labs and Raven too. I don't have a dog myself but I thought I would pass this along to all of you that have dogs.

I saw both and both were very touching. Ron even shed a few tears...he is very devoted to his hound as many of us are. I do not think there is anything wrong with Raven, she is just old (11 I think) and is slowing down. Time to just kick back and slow down a little I guess. Many of us have also had to or will have to make this choice as well, its not easy! There is something magical about a man and his dog, that is for sure! Good luck all!

Ravens daughter will be taking the chair next to Ron now.

Raven has something that I believe they called muscle atrophy(I may be WAY off on the name).

The left side of her face has lost most of muscles or something like that. Basically, you can see her skull outline clearly on her left side, because its all collapsed due to the muscle depletion. The right side of her face is fine.

She is in no pain apparently.

That was heart wrenching, watching Ron shed tears while holding Raven at his side.

I was just thinking of that today Gissert.

We had that article about Kayla's(if that was her name) passing hanging in my Dads workroom at home.

We had just put down one of our labs around that time, and it was a very emotional article that brought back some similar feelings from when we had to put Brandy down.

BLB -

I wished I would have saved that article. I went looking for it on Google last night, but had no luck.

I thought of it when we had to put our last lab down, which happened on the opening day of duck season a few years back.

If anyone has that article, please post it if you can.