• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Polaris look, Kawi Brute Force

CHOPPERTHEDOG

Was at the powersports show at the convention center this past weekend and man-o-man is the new Polaris plastic ugly. I sat on the 700 and it felt like a tank. Even a friend of mine who owns an 02 700 said he is considering the switch to the Kawi Brute Force rather than buy the newer, heavier, more ugly Sportsman. I sat on the Brute and thought it felt "right", only thing I really wanted to nit-pick about was maybe a slightly mushy front suspension and cheezy lookin racks. I'll stick with the Rincon for now but that Kawi did seem pretty nice. Anyone ridden or own the Brute Force yet? What do you think?

Good to see noone bit into your Anti Polaris jig...lol I like the new Sportsman. A couple inches wider keeps the water off of you. Changed the look, buttons, added a reverse light, but it's still the Pig Polaris which is why I like it. If I wanted to haul some real a$$ I'd go with something sportier.

You keep that Rincon, and I'll keep waiting up for you at the intersections.

I guess I didn't pay much attention to the potential tow strap hook-up on the front end of my sportsman when I bought it either. I use a winch, and I also carry an empty paper bag in my tool box to wear over my head just in case I have to get pulled out by an oversea's model.

Yeah If they ever deliver on the 800 EFI. Maybe they can fix the fuel gauge problems. Had to replace 2 tanks and fuel pumps on the 700 to fix the fuel quage. Oh yeah there right around 700 dollars. No only are the wheelears bigger and heavier now Iv'e got to widen my lift to work on them with out worring about them falling off. Oh Did I mention I have 4 polaris atvs torn down right now. A 700, 600, 330 and 400. I getting rather tired of fixing them. Every thing rquires pullin them darn fenders.

I must say, I ride a Sportsman 500. This weekend I blew it up and some guys felt pitty for me so let me ride theirs when we were sitting there waiting for a truck to come and pick me up. I rode the new Brute Force, and I no longer think that I am going to try and fix the Sportsman. I LOVE that machine with a passion. There is more than enough power for the toughest jobs, and in conjunction with the Mud Lite Tires on there, it would go through ANYTHING (on private land that is) Kawi has quite the product, and I would be willing to bet that you might agree... I already called the dealer to get a new Brute Force 750 in Camo!

Eric - Aka CIRE

Kodiak,

Don't quote me on this, but I was reading the forums on an atv HSOforum and a couple different people were saying that Yamaha was planning on coming out with a 799cc Grizzly 800 for their new model year.

To all you polaris guys that are saying you like heavier machines. I think you are nuts. By next year polaris's big machine will probably weigh twice as much as my wolverine. I just recently rode a 2004 sportsman 600 twin and that thing was waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to heavy. You don't steer it, it steers you. Oh well that is your choice not mine.

Ryan

Gee if polaris machines are so bad why is every other company trying to copy them? There use to be a lot of reasons I rode a polaris instead the others but the other manufactures are copying polaris so much now that the main reason for still ridding one is the ride. My back just dosen't agree with any other machine I have tried.

Lets face it, if you own it and you like it it is the best one out there no matter what it is.

I hear the 06 polaris's will be coming with a retractable tow strap in the front & rear, along with caution lites. That way it will be safer for all wen one of the more reliable "jap" machines has to pull them back to their trailer..LMAO

say tripper I was curious about who your thinking has copied Polaris and their ideas???? Suzuki made the first atv with fully independent suspension & true 4wd back around 1987....and Cannondale made the first fuel injected atv...SO what else have they come up with???

I agree, the Polaris machines ride nice. The seat is softer than my Honda's for sure. As far as copying????? Even if you were to say copying it would be far easier to say refining.

The weight thing still gets me though.... why does a 6-700cc machine have to weigh 150+#'s more than its competitors? That is A LOT of weight. Does it really need to be that heavy?

Chopper, if the weight thing was as big of an issue as your're making it out to be, nobody would buy a polaris. Guess it's not a big deal to most. Even with the extra weight added to slow them down, you still won't catch me!

Polaris has alot of nice features,but weight is an issue with some people.It can certainly help for pulling and plowing,but not in the mud,on the trails or on thin ice?I once owned a new polaris and after ALL of the ploblems I had with it I will never own one again!Why do ya think you see so many at auctions? They don't have a very good resale either.

the size & weight of them alone pretty much only makes them good for farm use, or casual rides. you may not think that added weight is a big deal. I saw a lady flip a 700 sportsman over..it landed on top of her...needless to say she left there in an ambulance. perhaps Polaris should "copy" the competion and put their quads on a diet & work on some of their reliability issues...then I may consider buying one...until then no thanks..I'll keep riding what I got and not have to worry about repairs

Quote:

Even with the extra weight added to slow them down, you still won't catch me!

BGMNY,

I am curious what polaris you ride that is so fast. The 600 twin I was riding with recently could not keep up with my Yamama Wolverine (350cc) except on the long straight stretches.