• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing for carp

Trouthunter

One of the guys I fish Lake of The Woods with started ice fishing carp this year. He used minnows in real shallow water like five feet or so. He told me the first day he discovered the pattern, he had six rods, caught four fish, and had everyone of his rods spooled. He ended up using a musky reel on a custom ice rod he made. Not sure exactly how or where he did this, but I can find out some specifics.

searchingfor55", I'd love to get some details about the pattern he found with the carp! I didn't have much of a chance to even try to locate the carp this winter. But knowledge for next winter will stay with me.

I talked to my freind, and he said he only found the pattern on one lake, and could never get any on other lakes. I forget the name of the lake now but I know it was in the Faribault area. I guess he did catch quite a few, biggest was around 25 lbs, and I know he was fishing right in the weeds.