• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing reels???

CSP88

Alright fellas, I just bought a couple of Berkley Genz rods, a 29" Medium Light & a 28" Light action. Now I need to pair them up with a couple of reels. I'm looking for some suggestions....Silstar, Pflueger, Shimano, Tica, Okuma???????

Thanks, Chad

Chad,

I went to a seminar put on by Dave Genz last night. I noticed he had 3000 series Mitchell reels. Very small and nice drag system. Plus had the anti-reverse on them. I have to buy a new reel this year- I'm going to give them a try.

I have a ticas, a small silstar and the 500 sedona reel on my rods. For my laker rod, I put my 2000 Sahara on it- balances out nicely!

Tica, Tica, Tica! I have had several others and they work good but Tica is hands down the best. Instant anti-reverse, silky smooth drags and all around performance. I have both the 5 ball bearing reel and the 6 ball bearing reel and they have seen serious fishing action and they both work great. You don't have to spend the extra $$ and get the higher end reel. Stick with the Tica and you'll be fine.

Good shopping

Corey Bechtold

I also like Tica Cetus', they are very smooth and the drag system is very good too. I also use Tiny 20's, Quantums, Browning, Shimano...there are a lot of good choices out there for ice reels. Abu Garcia and Flueger also make nice reels. I'm sure I'm missing several others too...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson