• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilars/Marcums.. Do they ever go on sale?

Kylersk

I've got a gift card for cabelas (thanks to their grand opening promotion) and planned on using it for a flasher. Should I wait for them to go on sale? Or is that something that will happen after the season?

You most likely wont see them on sale till the end of the hardwater season. Sometimes you will get lucky and get some of last years older stock at a small sale price. I would use your card as soon as you find what you want.

I WAITED FOR AWHILE LAST YEAR TILL THEY WERE ON SALE TO BUY ONE, BUT I THINK I WOULD OF WAITED A LONG TIME SO I JUST BOUGHT THE DANG THING. I DON'T THINK THEY REDUCE THE PRICE AT THE END OF THE SEASON EITHER. I BOUGHT A FL-8 SE LAST YEAR WITH THE DUAL CONE ANGLE, I WOULD NEVER FISH WITH OUT! IT.

Very seldom about the only time I have ever seen them on sale is if there is a new model in the works. I pick up a FL-8 for a buddy and save about $50 the during the summer before the Fl 18 came out the next winter.

In most cases the mark up on fishing electronics is under 10%. You will not usually see a sale unless a model is being discontinued and the dealer gets a price break. I would suggest the Minneapolis ice fishing expo. If all else fails, call Jeff Arnold at reeds in walker.

[mamohr-please read the top of the forums and alos click the forum Policy link above before posting again, Thanks much]

Vexilar, as I understand it are " price fixed or price locked", where the dealers are not allowed to have "sales". That's why you always see them at reg price. Maybe they do clear out disc models at a small savings, but they don't change models very often.