• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Action?

andy j

Anybody had any action lately? I was thinking about giving it another go before iceup. What presentations are working? Are the fish willing to chase or do I need to really slow down. thanks AJ

Action today.

Got a smaller muskie (38") on a "AP"(slider). Though I did get a look from another on a Jackpot. Water temps have been steady on the lake I've been fishing for 2 weeks - 46 degrees. A week ago, I had 2 "opportunities" on a Hawgwobbler. The fish have all been shallow, less than 5 ft, in the milfoil. Depending on the lake, don't put away those topwaters.

rascal

andy j,

Are you talking about the Duluth area or where?

Had a couple interested in black hair last week, but no takers, fishing East metro. Looking to try 'tonka in the next few days, depends on what the weather does. I'm fine with wet and cold, just looking to do without the wind thing. Lakes should be quiet with most guys in trees looking for the bucks....me, still looking for that elusive 50 incher. Heck, anything in the 40s will do me just fine!

I was up in the Bemidji area Oct 23rd to 25th water temp was 50 degrees. I caught 1 upper 30" inch fish but i seen alot of fish one being a very large fish i just couldn't get them to go on any thing. They would follow a phantom or a bullbawg but wouldn't grab anything. I caught a mid 30" fish on my home lake this past Sunday and seen 4 others the same size so i think if you can get out it's worth it. I sure wish i could get back up north one more time but it isn't going to happen i'll have to be satisfied with West okoboji and Spirit lake.

Lonewolf, Not many takers on Mantrap lately. Alot of followers. Two weeks ago a mantrap nut that i work with got a 45 and had seven other follows. (Suicks) Not much lately though. Was out on waconia for a whopping 30 to 45 minutes last night with nothing. Only one other boat on the lake and i think they were hunting ski's too. Maybe next week!

Fished Sunday in Wisconsin. Was out from 930-330, caught the only fish of the day. It was my personal best, 50", 24" girth, and thick from nose to tale. Wondering about a weight. Saw her hit a firetiger suick about 8 ft. from the boat! What a rush. Havent heard of much local though.

Lonewolf,

I managed a nice fish on Mantrap last Sunday, 48ish x 21ish, on a Mag Shallow Bulldawg, Blk/Orange. I raised it earlier in the day, and managed to get it to bite just before sunset.

Other than that fish, Mantrap was very disapointing for me this year. Numbers and size were way down for me compared to previous years...

I plan on getting back there this weekend, hopefully I can find another big one...

If your talking about Lake Waconia, you can either launch at Nancy's Landing on the westside of the building or you can still launch out of the In-Towne Marina, no docks, but you can still use it. If you use the one at Nancy's, make sure use the ramp that is right NEXT to the building.

later-

AndyJ, we did have a couple of follows,low40,high30's. All came from 10-15ft. My buddy had a jig& 6" craw absolutely freighttrained, but by the time he caught up with it he was gone. 189 acre lake, with plenty of Skies to go around.

went out this morning and it was cold, good thing it wasn't windy or I wouldn't of laster long. I had one small muskie hooked on a big tube, the fish went crazy and got off. I had decent fish follow up(high 30's) on a bass jig but didn't want to eat. The Air temp was below freezing, because my rod eyes kept freezing up. Water temp was 42 degrees.

Was out on Saturday @ the usual spot. 2 small follow's. Spent most of the time pulling out the dock and pontoon. Water was 47, same as last Sunday. Still not putting the boat away quite yet. Holding out for one more decent weekend.

Went out today and spent half my time walleye fishing with no success, so I decided to troll for muskies, nothing big but got a 34" ski on a Grandma. Would of been nice to get a big one. I might have to give up on the big girl this year.