• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"I got my family to feed"

Spree, oh Spree, oh Spree.

You are such a M O R O N!!!

I thought this guy wasnt as bad as everyone said he was before he got here and after last season I actually believed he wanted to be here but after this?

Quote:

Why would I want to help them win a title?" he asked. "They're not doing anything for me. I'm at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed. Anything could happen.

and this-

Quote:

If they don't want to pay me, why would I want to stay here and risk injury, then sit there and be with nothing? Something happens to me, who's going to look out for Spree then? Nobody.

Spree, you are no better than the other Me-First cry babies. you dont deserve to play with a class act such as KG. You dont desreve the fans who stood behind you all of last year. You do not deserve to be a Wolf.

What do you deserve? You deserve being traded to a horrible team that has no chance of making the playoffs. You deserve to become a free agent and make the league minimum for a veteran of your service time, which is what you will get.

I say trade you and maybe T-Hud to Jersey for Jason Kidd.

Hope you have a great vacation duing May and June watching the team you couldve been with go all the way. Have a nice career cry-baby!

You beat me to the punch. I felt like venting about this right after I read the paper. But I had to calm down before I totally went off. We have to trade him! Maybe for a center. He already said that he wont be able to play for a team that is going to give him $14.6 mil for one year of basketball. Give me that much and I will live the rest of my life pretty well off. I don't think there are teams that want a 34 yr. old streaky shooter. We have the team to go all the way now (if spree would get his head out).

Maybe the Wolves could have a promotional night. Anyone bringing in a food item to "Help Feed Spree's Family" could get a dollar off admission. They could eat caviar every meal for five generations and feel no pain. Then again, maybe he has a lot of kids. He is being thrifty by saving money on hair cuts though. We need P.J. Carlesimo to put him in the headlock.

This is why I don't understand why people support pro sports finacially, by going to games, buying jerseys, etc. I watch sports once in a while, but refuse to spend big $$$ going to games and such.

It's just a case of a few bad apples, and those bad apples speak loudly enough that we tend to lump them all into one basket. Spree is a bad apple, as is Kobe, Marbury, Terrel Owens, Barry Bonds, etc, etc.

I dont blame pro sports, I blame the agents and free agency.

Boy, I'm with you Tom. I thought Spree was a man's man. A fierce competitor that didn't care about anything but winning. Wrong! What a clown.

Why can't they be like Garnett. Sure, he's done some complaining come salary time, but he always goes out to deliver 110%. He's never threatened to go half-speed. He's never been in trouble with the law. He gives back as much as any of his peers and never demands the spotlight while doing it.

I'm not much for athletes being role models, but if my boy said he wanted to be just like Garnett I would be pleased. Of course, I would have to explain the genetic connection between him (my son) and myself. I'm 6'1", have a 24" vertical, and run a 5.5 40 wind-aided. My boy ain't got a prayer in the NBA. smile.gif

I believe there was much more to the story than just Garnett punching Rickert in the face. IMO Rickert was never a promising 2nd round pick.

No one is perfect but people like Jordan,Garnett, and Duncan are about as good as it gets if your looking for a pro athlete as a role model.

Granny

Rickert? Promising second round pick? You MUST be kidding.

Let me remind you that the Wolves picked very late in that round....a round where very few pics ever see a NBA game.

Rickert was/is an extreme head-case. He was a total fool to come out of college when he did. If he had stayed in he might have made it as a bench player on a team that did not have any depth.

He'll be lucky to make it in the CBA or in Europe.

Granny maybe you can pick him up to play on your city league team when he comes back to Duluth. blush.gif

His dad tells me a much better story by the way but I wont bother to post it.

Im sure he will be over seas for a few years. With no education he better hope someone picks him up overseas and pays for him to continue his education!

Hey Granny,

What times do you guys play in carlton and cromwell?

Its been a long time but I need to try and find a way to get in a bit of running this winter (if my knees will take it anymore) That is if they'll let an old fart like me on the court grin.gif