• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thorne Bros.rods

bobberup

I stopped by Thorne Bros.yesterday to look at some goodies

for ice fishing.I've got the itch real bad.They were in there setting up some portables and putting out some other ice gear.(made the itch worse).Anyway,I was fortunate enough to pick up 4 Thorne Bros.ice rods out of a clearance bin.I was wondering what type of tape would be best for securing my reels to the rods?Thanks in advance for your response.Bring on the ice!!!!

I've used electrical tape scotch 33+ with good results just back tape the first one or two wraps this keeps the residual glue from the tape from sticking too the handle in case of removal but I generally use shrink tube now.

Mike

Try using Silcone Fushion Tape.

This stuff is amazing. When you remove the tape no residue is left. It is availble at most hardware stores in the electrical dept. I purchased my at Menards.

I have seen the silcone tape to me it just doesn't keep the reel tight to the rod like electric tape. It always feels like there is stretch in it. But lots of guys like it. I use electric tape one all of mine. After the first couple times out the stickness is gone from them.