• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishhouse projects!

DCON

Its been a while since i have seen any posts on peoples projects now, how are the houses coming along? I have my 10x 20 sleeper house completed now, except for carpeting which i plan on buying tomorrow. It has been a fun project that took me all summer to complete.. I built it up at MilleLacs so any time i had i had to drive 100 miles to complete. Interior is all tongue and groove knotty pine, two bunks plus a futon couch, bathroom, 12 volt lighting,plus gas lights, 25k btu empire direct vent heater, ceiling fan, but am still looking for some hole lights with swithches, anyone know of anything that would work? Im looking forward to kicking back with the rattle reels down and enjoying a cold sandwich in a can. Lets hear from the rest of you about your houses.

bought my house built. but always upgrading. hole lights have been the next project for sometime now. also have not found what i am looking for. anyone have anythoughts?? needs to be something that can turn on and off with small power use.. was also thinking about adding a solar pannel. anyone used one?

I also bought my fish house "done". And I really didn't want to run any ugly surface wiring for hole lights, so all I did was mount one coat hook near the ceiling above each hole. On the hook I just hang a "LED" headlight by the strap. Very easy to adjust, couple different LED settings, and i'm thinking 3 AAA batteries will last me all winter!

And if you need to go out to the truck to get some more canned pork chops, just wear it, you won't get lost.

Walmart sells a clear 12 volt light in the auto section that is 2"x 4" and has a push button switch. I painted the top 1/2 black with spray paint. Luckily I was able to fish the wires behind my paneling to the top of my shack where I ran the wires back to the battery. The push button switch works great because there are times when all four holes in my shack are not being used. Hope this helps.

Gotta go. Flag up!

DCON:

You can find various options for "hole lites" at any RV parts place or refurbisher!! There are tons of 12V options there as well as Auto outlets..

If your walls were pre-wired at build ( I hope), your options are many !!