• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scent Killer/Blocker

Gus

I have a brand new bottle of that stuff from last year, White bottle, yellow lettering, that you see for sale everwhere. Does this stuff go bad? Does freezing make it go bad? I looked at the package and it did not indicate any "do's or do not's" I left it in my shed with my other hunting gear last year so it could have froze and thawed a few times. Just wondering if you would use it or get a new bottle.

Right now my clothes are inside rubbermaid bins with leaves and pine boughs. I'll hang them outside when I get to the cabin for hunting but I don't think hanging them outside at my house is a good idea. Probalby get stolen and covered in traffic smog. Anyone have any good tips for scent elimination where I can't hang my gear outside at my house??

Sounds to me like they're better off in your tote then being in the city air. Hang them out a couple hours when you get to deer camp that night, they'll be fine.

I'd still use the scent blocker, if you want to buy new to feel better let me know where your going to leave the old one... I've had mine freeze sometimes in the truck during season, I've never been able to tell that it didn't work. It still smells the same.

How well do scent blockers work and which ones are best. I was out last week and was scented by a doe. I'm just learning this bowhunting stuff and I'm waiting for a buck. Do you experts use cover scents?

Jason Erlandson

I use scent killer from W.R.C in the white and yellow bottle it works great. I hunt a wooded area in Nisswa and the past week I've had 13 does within 5-30 yards of me and I have yet to be winded by them. I've used this stuff for years.

early. cover scents can and do help! but! you must try your best to stay down wind of the trails or area that you think the deer will come from. a cover scents/ scent blocker is an aid . pay attention to keeping yourself clean. wash your clothes in a scent free soap. set your stands up down wind. also wear rubber boots to you stand. i also use gloves when trimming out shooting lanes.also be very carefull of your movements while on stand. hopes this helps some.

early, the best that I have found is carbon blast. Have had deer come in from downwind many times without getting busted, helps to use the scent free soaps also.

Hey Guys, Just a note about Scent Killer. It does work. The one stand I have the only good wind for me is a south east wind! That does not happen very often this time of year. Most of the wind is a northwest or some direction like that. I use the carbon blast and have alot of confidence in it. I was out with a northwest wind the other night and my scent was blowing right into the deer. I had 2 fork horns, a doe and a 8 point come to about 8 yards from me and never know I was there. I have may times used the stuff in the same conditions and almost perfer the deer coming in from down wind of me. They are less spooky I think. They never worry about what is ahead of them if they do not smell anything they just worry about what it to the side and behind them. I have got many deer this way! Just my 2 cents!!!

Froggy

Froggy4371, you should be pretty stinking happy this fall. All we've had is that blasted SE wind. I finally had a good spot as of last year, right at my own house for that wind, & now there seems to be almost no deer there right now. I hate that wind!