• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rope Lights

SPIN DRY

Has anyone ever tried these lights in there portables? I have a Grand Caravan and was going to try and run them on the supports, just wondering if they would be brite enough to tie on jigs. Looking to get rid of the lantern, I hate getting to my spot and the mantles are broke. Thanks for any input. Good luck

Good question, would like to see it set up on a portable. Sure they will have it on display at ice show in Dec (St Paul). Doubt it's bright enough to tie a jig. That's what a small headlamp is for. I'd love to leave the lantern at home as well!

In the archives are alot of threads RE: lighting. LED's have really caught on in the last few years. Low power consumption and lightweight. The cool thing is the technology has increased two-fold. Way longer batt life and way more lumens. Ropes, clamp-on heads, and such will be on the market you bet. RE: tying hooks, there's a 15 element LED around (can't remember the brand) that a buddy had with him last winter. He ran it off his Vex batttery. Very bright! No problem tying jigs.

Arbuck, what he had was a product by LEDtronics (do a search on LED automotive lighting. It was a 15 element #1157 (automotive) bulb. He bought the socket at a parts store and mounted it to the ceiling of his shack. Powered with a 12V 7ah battery (same as a vex batt). Total cost not including battery was $35 with wire and parts. Lasted all winter on two charges. This thing was bright and he ran it constantly through the evening when I saw it. Didn't know it was homemade though. Great idea and I'm already ordering one.

Just buy yourself an (automotive) dome light at Kmart. They are 12 volt and cost $7. Some wire, some zip ties and an extra Vex battery and you're done. It works great in my portable. I've had to install 3 more into relatives and friends' portables!