• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tires for a motor home

Big Dave2

I have an old '76 Dodge motor home in need of tires. The wheels on this thing are 16.5 inch. No one seems to carry this size except the big manufacturers like Good year. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could maybe get a cheaper tire of this size. Good years are nice tires but maybe too nice to just sit and rot most of the time. I would like to buy just an off name brand for cheap if anyone knows where I could get some I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave

------------------
Chevy, Lund, Yamaha, Fish trap, Strikemaster, Vexilar, Budweiser, did I forget anything?

I was looking for some beefy tires for my firewood trailer and ran across a Trans Rib LT in 16.5 sizes at Fleet. I think they ran $90-100 each. They're probably a size you won't find a on sale. You'll have to shop around. There's 3-4 places around St. Cloud that might have your size.

Make sure you check load ratings.The only place I found 16.5 tires I would trust was at Discount Tires.I put two on the front last year,I need four more for the back.125.00 a piece.I have a 1979 Dodge motorhome.Some of those 16.5 tires are only rated for trailers.

HEY BIG DAVE, I TOO OWN A MOTOR HOME AND THE TIRE SIZE ARE 19.5". I BOUGHT TWO TIRES FROM A COOP TIRE AND SERVICE STATION IN FARIBAULT FOR $125.00 A PIECE. RADIAL. THEY EVEN MIGHT HAVE A GOOD USE SET. THST SIZE SHOULD BE EASY TO FIND. PICK UP A TRADING TIME MAG. THEY HAVE TIRES THERE ALSO. SOLD AT GAS STATIONS EVERYWHERE.