• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Freshwater Fishing Championship (FFC)

Hey all,
FishingMN.com is thinking about hosting a large FFC (Freshwater Fishing Championship)Invitaional on Leech Lake either late August or Early September.

It would be a multi-species tourney, Bass, Walleye, Pike, Crappie & Sunfish based on overall weight.

It will be a money tourney, $100 per team and would like to see 75-150 teams. Based on 100 teams, top prize would be $3000, and we would pay down the top 20 places based on a 100 team field as follows-
1st- $4000
2nd- $1000
3rd- $700
4th- $600
5th- $500
6th- $400
7th- $300
8th- $250
9th- $200
10th thru 19th- $100
20th-$50
(Based on a 100 team field)

We plan to have have quite a few prizes from big-name sponsors to award as well.

This is still in the planning stages and we're gauging interest.

At this point it will be an invitational out of many leagues and other tourney participants.

If you plan to participate in a league or tourney trail this year, do you have an interest in this type of Invitational tournament?

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 03-31-2004).]

I am definately intested. I will make a vote for 8-14 or 8-21 I will be vacationing on Leech that week. I will probably make it any time as long as it's not on a LETS weekend.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

Well,
I will not be in charge of it because I hope to fish it, but from what I've heard, the powers that be are shooting for Saturday, September 11th on Leech. I guess we'll need to wait and see what Rick decides. It would be perfect, after the majority of leagues are over and before hunting starts up (besides early goose).

I will be fishing the Metro Lets also!
Matt we can throw one event out and Waconia is the last one so we probably wont need it anyway. grin.gif

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

Well,
You go a week later and you are then going up against opening weekend for bowhunting and I think grouse/rabbit/squirrl opens then too...not good when you are trying to set up a sports related event. A week earlier and you run into the early goose opener, bear opener AND Labor Day weekend...a definite no-no.

So what do you have left? Sept. 11.

S,
Not really, since Muskies will not be part of the tourney. Only thing would be access issues. Where are they going out of? Or is that the one where they can fish a number of lakes?