• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

USA Hoops

Scott M

Predictions for USA? Now that they got embarrassed by Italy a few weeks ago, I think they will hang tough. I see them winning gold, but they will get a good run from some teams. I'd start Duncan, Odom, Marion, Iverson, and LeBron. Dont' know what they'll do but I think Larry Brown ties it all together. They are the favorites so its not much of a prediction. I wouldn't be nervous if Garnett wasn't getting married and he could be there.

Nevermind, Forget all that I guess. They just got smacked by Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico!!!! I'm so mad at everyone who turned down their bids to play for their country. Never has the addage "Never send a boy to do a man's work" made more sense. It's just sickening.

All anyone has to do to beat us is make us shoot threes and collapse on Duncan. He's our only true post. We have no 3 point shooters, no penetrate-to-dish point guards, no hard defenders. We have an athletic young team that doesn't know how to play the smart game that other countries are developing. The US is no longer heads and tails above all other countries, but it certainly doesn't help that we sent these misfits to represent us. Correction, to represent the NBA. There is a distinction-it's all about marketing the new young product. This isn't our country, it's the powerhouse product marketing of the NBA.

Third Place. Kind of sad, let's hope 4 years from now this doesn't happen again. Send the NCAA champs, the NBA champs...Send a team, not a collection of me first players. It's amazing that in 20 years guys care more about themselves than about winning....They don't show the versatility to go out and do what needs doing that the old teams did. What a waste.