• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

water clarity....

smurfy

question for you all experts!!!!!😆🙄 both lakes i set up my spear shack the water was dirty. the cabin lake was horrendous. its always been bog stained but good gawd, i was in 8 ft of water, had my decoy down about 3 ft below the ice and couldnt see the pike that poked at my decoy.

was it due to the rain?? lake turnover, or because of lack of snow maybe an algae bloom>>>>>

On 1/10/2024 at 4:44 PM, smurfy said:

question for you all experts!!!!!😆🙄 both lakes i set up my spear shack the water was dirty. the cabin lake was horrendous. its always been bog stained but good gawd, i was in 8 ft of water, had my decoy down about 3 ft below the ice and couldnt see the pike that poked at my decoy.

was it due to the rain?? lake turnover, or because of lack of snow maybe an algae bloom>>>>>

My thoughts would be an algae bloom. There was some nasty looking water up here last summer due to algae bloom.

You didn't drop any of that rancid Jiff down your hole by accident did you! 😁

36 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

My thoughts would be an algae bloom. There was some nasty looking water up here last summer due to algae bloom.

You didn't drop any of that rancid Jiff down your hole by accident did you! 😁

🤣 naw......i'm feeding that  to the birds!!!!!🤗

44 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I’ll go with algae bloom too.  Last year the lake I fish early crappies on had red tint to it, different than I’ve seen before.   Wasn’t worth cutting a hole for spearing.  This season it was back to normal.

i hope so and i sure as hello hope its cleared up next week........ igot me a date with several lakes next week again!!!!!!!👍