• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wanted - Used bow package

I would like to try bowhunting this fall and looking for a reasonable used bow package to see if I like the sport. If I do like it, I will probably upgrade in a year or two. But for now, I'm looking for a workable bow with a few extras in the $100 to $150 range. Any suggestions on resources to find something of the sort. The local sporting shops really don't have anything of the sort and I haven't been able to find anything to my liking on hsolist yet.

there aren't many guarantees in life....but I do guarantee you this....when that first deer walks under your tree...you WILL be hooked for life!! What a rush! smile.gif

I don't even go gun hunting anymore...my bow is my baby! Nothing like it. You'll love it!

Good Luck!

Chucker-
I know a guy that has a really nice bow for sale. It is completely set up and ready to go.

It is a PSE Fireflight that includes everything you will ever need to hunt with.
You can see the ad on up-north classifieds (hunting). He might be flexable with price too.

I don't know if I agree with you irvingdog. You can usually tell if a bow has been dry fired or abused. When a bow is mistreated the energy must be used up by the limbs, cams and axles vs. delivered to an arrow. This will leave evidence.

Look on the limbs for stress fractures in the paint, particularly where the limbs meet the riser. Look closely around the cams/wheels where the axles go through the limbs. If there is cracked or missing paint...look for another bow. Listen to the bow when you draw it. Stress fractures internal to the limbs will be verbal...and if they are, you should also see evidence of it on the paint.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.hso_archery_forum.com/vb/index.php?s=32df00db471bbbb72702cb3b9c7b419a

Click on "Free Classified Ads"...many, many good used bows/gear and advice from this forum.

I have a used Golden Eagle that I'll sell you, it has a 65-80 pound pull, about 29 inch draw, sight, attached quiver, a few 2219 aluminum arrows, some 125 grain Thunderhead broadheads, it would be ready to go for you if you're interested. Price $125 - 150 depending upon how many arrows and broadheads I throw in (I need to inventory them). Bow is about 8 years old, I bought it new, the reason I'm selling is that I bought a new Golden Eagle bow two years ago and I was keeping this as a spare, but I guess I don't need it. Bought the new bow because I was 'overbowed' - note the high draw weight - as I got older I wasn't even pulling 65 pounds. If you're young and strong this would be a good starter bow for you and you could hunt with it this fall. All you would need is a new case, the old one is shot (**** zippers!). If you're interested contact me at [email protected]