• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can????

"The Can" is a doe bleat that you hold youre finger on the bottom and tip the can over and back to the upright position, the weighted diaphram that falls back mimicks a love hungry doe.

The 'can' mimicks the sound of a doe bleat very accurately but I don't own one. I use a mouth call to bleat for one reason. They are capable of being much louder than the can. I've pulled bucks in from up to 250 yards with a mouth call. Also, you can direct the sound of a mouth call towards a deer. If it's windy, the deer is far away, or if the deer is walking through leaves or cruchy snow, I think the "can" may be difficult for them to hear.

You can blow softly through a mouth call when bucks are in close proximity. Grab a can in the store and try it a few times if you want to memorize the sound, then buy the mouth call. Make sure you mimick a long drawn out baaaaaa....no short bleats. Short bleats often are a sign of alarm or the deer saying "Hey!! I'm over here!!" which are not generally inviting sounds.

------------------
"Aim small...miss small"

I guess when I explain the sound to people I ask them to think back in time a little. I believe it was Fisher Price that used to make the little farm barns that when the barn doors were opened, a sound emitted from the barn. It was like a maaaa or baaaa. Now, I don't know if it was supposed to be a cow mooing, a sheep baaaing or the neighbor kid and farmer's daughter doing the unspeakable. What I do know is that it was a long drawn out monotone sound. That's what you want it to sound like. No chatters, studders, etc.

When I'm calling without any deer in sight, I usually call at least 2 to 3 time and then wait 15 minutes. I always figure that if a buck is moving when he hears the first one, when he stops, he might not have any idea what direction it came from.

Well I'll try bringing it in the house to warm it up.If that don't work I saw that Fleet farm has 3packs of them. one fawn bleat,one doe estress bleat,& a larg one not sure what that one is. Looks like a good deal though,if they're not sold out of them.