• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

World Record buck..??

Anyone hear about a world record buck that was shot in Iowa recently? There was an article in Sundays paper about it. 15 year old shot it. Youth black powder hunt I guess. It would be interesting to see a picture of it..

bogsucker, is that the photo of the buck that was shot in Iowa? Caught with a gametracker camera?

Do a right click, save as, then open the .jpg with IE.

[This message has been edited by BLACKJACK (edited 10-13-2003).]

There is at least one other site that hase pics of the deer and pics of shed anlters from previous years. The sites are of commercial nature so I will not post them, though if one searched for big country bucks on the internet you might find the pics. The Des Moines Register has an article and pics of the sheds also

[This message has been edited by Bogsucker (edited 10-13-2003).]

Fantastic, real glad to hear about this deer, especially for a youth to shoot such a deer. Even nicer it was a father and son out enjoying the woods. Would really love to see a photo of the deer.

URGENT:::: READ ABOUT THIS BUCK\
from the Field and Stream issue the title:
The case of the million dollar deer:

THis deer was reported missing four years ago by their owners this is a farm raised deer who mysteriously escaped in 99. Supposedly they have dna to prove it his name and appropriately given "Goliath" funny how i was reading this story and reading the magazine at the same time and stumbled withe the two pictures at the same time.

Interesting story (online)in the Clarion, PA News about "Goliath". Though similar in appearance it is not the same deer as the Iowa buck.

There are downloadable videos available on the net of the Iowa buck and what appears to be a few of his brothers. The sites are of commercial nature though not hard to find if searched for.

A friend of mine just e-mail me a picture of what is supposed to be this buck but it is a completely different animal than the one in this post. If a moderator would like post the jpg photo I have onto this site for added conversation I will forward it to you. You can e-mail me at mheitz at lakestatecoin dot com