• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

17 rimfire

From what I've read and remember it's ballistics give it an effect range of no more than 200 yards. I've never shot one but would have to think that 150 yards isn't out of the question. I'm very tempted myself to pick up a .17HMR

1) It's a tack driver extrordinaire out to 150 yards.
2) It doesn't like wind. Light projectile gets blown off course in a jiffy.
3) It is expensive to shoot.
4) it think there are other, more interesting guns out there than this one. .22 hornet, 223 etc......

I have the 17 HMR Contender barrel and can't say enough about it. Next week I am going to Wyoming and taking it along for a day of Dog shooting. I can consistently get 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have gotten many 1.5 inch groups at 200.

As far as expensive to shoot goes....$6-$9 a box for 50. Guess it depends on who you are and what the budget is.

It has virtually no recoil and knocks the lungs, liver and lights out of small critters.