• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is you BIGGEST carp/nongamefish

hmmmmm.......lets see.....biggest bottom feeder.........i guess for me it would have been a big mouth buffalo fish........maybe 8 pounds...and an eel pout...about the same...dog fish about 5 pounds....white sucker ...about 4 pounds...shorthead red horse(good eating)...maybe 3 1/2 pounds...

my biggest was caught last year, weighed 16 pounds. probably the ugliest fish i have ever seen in my life, but wow, did she put up a fight.

------------------
"There are many stages to a man's life. In the first stage, he is young and eager, like a beaver. In the second stage, he wants to build things, like dams, and maybe chew down some trees. In the third stage, he feels trapped, and then "skinned." I'm not sure what the fourth stage is."

I got one that was close to 15, though I didn't get to weigh it. I've caught numerous carp around 10 and this one was a hair bigger. I didn't want to post it because I know I'm gonna be outclassed by everyone else getting 26 lbers.. but eh...

52" lake sturgeon
51" paddlefish
33" carp
29" bowfin
28" channel catfish
28" flathead catfish
26" bigmouth buffalo
24" redhorse(don't know what species)
19" freshwater drum
13" yellow bullhead
13" black bullhead
13" brown bullhead

WHOA! There's some big fish! My biggest rough was a 27" walleye. Those pesky bottom-feeders are always screwing up the catfish and pike action!

Just kidding.

20" sucker of some kind.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

I haven't gotten as big of fish as some of you guys but I think that my 35lb carp is pretty good. I wish I could get a sturgon as big as some of you guys but carp are so easy to catch. I don't think I have anything else worth mentioning but I do have to say that those are some nice fish!!! Hey aquaman, that is one heck of an 'eye I havent gotten one over 4 lbs yet so I have to say I'm jealous! wink.gif deadeye

Last week I caught one carp that was 20+, a few in the teens, and I let go a fish that I had no idea what it was. As it turns out (thanks to a fish identification link posted here) it was a Goldeneye. If it wasn't a state record, it was close. The current record i believe is 2lbs 6 oz. My estimate (could be wrong) is that this fish was around 3 pounds. Just goes to show you that you never know what your gonna catch on the river.

Largest Catfish was 34lbs on the Red River near the Lockport Dam in Selkirk. Carp was 36lbs at the Lockport dam again. Same weekend too. Also, caught a 5 lbs Redhorse Sucker on Horseshoe lake. And a 20lbs Buffalo Fish on Lake Miniwaska(spelling). That's about it.

I caught a big catfish when I was younger but never weighed it. This past summer I caught a 14 pound carp off of a dock up on LOW. Never would have thought to pull that one in off the dock up there. I've also caught a few nice size redhorse suckers out of the Mississippi from shore. I got to watch a guy catch a 37 pound carp out of the CR Dam two summers ago while fishing for walleye with 10lb test line. Huge fish. The strangest thing I've ever seen caught was a when my uncle caught a soft-shelled turtle out of the Mississippi. It was like a big sponge.

Good Fishin, Matt.

Fishing Reports from MJ5 and Fishing Minnesota...
http://frida.blc.edu/~mjohnson/mj5.html

Biggest carp was 32lbs, Clearwater lake
Biggest Buffalo around 30, Mississippi at Hastings dam
Biggest hit, two carp on one throw of the spear, 27 and 15 pounds respectively, Clearwater lake again