• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ponds for carp

Lunker

Where are some good ponds to fish for carp in? I figure these waters would be better since they'll warm quicker. I want a vacation from the rivers for a while. Any ideas? Also, will creeks be good yet(minnehaha creek for ex.)

Lunker... I know of a few in the Eagan/IGH/SSP area.. one of which I pull 10 lbers as an average size... (the other being filled with a lot of smaller 4lbers... but they are still fun) I've caught a few out of Simley in IGH allready this year.. and they should be going nuts with this warm up. I might try the other one I know of tommorow. The river has been producing jack squat recently...

I used to fish a small lake up in Arden Hills called Lake Valentine. Had an uncle that lived near it and I'd catch carp while my parents visited. Haven't fished it in years but I pulled quite a few carp out of there in the past.

------------------
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hey Deadeye, are you talking the fishing peir when you said dock? I have gottan a few off the peir right by the launch and I was just wondering if that was the dock you were talking about

moses
yeah, that is what I was talking about, I was there a couple days ago trying to get the boat running and they were really nailing them. I might have to go and try it if the catfishing slows down.
><>deadeye

Maplewood? Hmmn.. I thought Battle Creek was in woodbury... Maybe it's in both? I heard that lake had a lot of Northerns in it.. but it's shallow and weedy so I suppose their'd be carp in it too....

I nailed the carp on Seidl's pond last night; They put a new path leading to a culvert that they put in, and they were all over the mouth of that culvert. It was not 5 minutes before WHAM. A big carp slams the rod down and heads right into some brush before I could talk him out of it, snapping my leader clean. I ended up getting 8 carp in the hour and a half I fished; 3 of them being over 7 lbs and losing several that were much bigger. I need to go back there when I have a little more time than an hour and a half and see if I can't get even more...

Crawlerman, you are thinking about Battle Creek lake in Woodbury, and yes it does have a lot of northerns but most are small. Im talking about the Battle Creek park in Maplewood. Its on upper afton road. The ponds I am talking about are fed by the battle creek lake, there is a stream that starts at Battle Creek lake and feeds into these ponds im talking about.

Went back to Sedli's Sat and got an 11 lber right off the bat, followed by about a dozen smaller ones.

Muskie- Seidl's pond is in South Saint Paul on the corner of 4th ave and 14th street. Take 494 to the 5th/7th street exit, which I beleive will dump you on 7th. take a left, and head on 7th street North. The first and only stop sign on 7th before you hit southview is 4th. Take a left. Keep going on 4th over a small hill and past a couple of stop signs. There will be an open area with a single picnic table and streetlight with a sign reading "Seidls lake park". The lake is down the path, you can't see it from the road. I've been doing best over the culvert they just installed there, but there is also a barrier wall on the opposing side you can fish as well.