• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam One Mans?

DRH1175

Why are all the seating heights so dang low?? I want to upgrade my older clam, but not happy with how shallow the sleds are and low the seat heights are. Why can clam not make a one man with the same seating height as the 2 man x2 or similar?? Just seems to me that the quaility goes down each year and the price goes up. Come on Man.

I recently set up my Legend XL Thermal and felt that the seat height was fine, then when I saw the display unit at Gander Mountain, I noticed that it was quite low. I took the seat off the sled and looked at it. It had the swivel attached directly to the seat. In the box there are four spacers and bolts around 3" long that install between the swivel and seat. In fact, if a person wanted a taller seat, they could install longer spacers cut from a wooden dowel and longer bolts. full-42005-51924-legendxlthermalseatdisp

full-42005-51925-legendxlthermalseatcorr

I am 6'3" (6'4" with boots on) and fish out of the Fish Trap Scout. I personally love the setup as is. This year I got the new Scout XL Thermal and think the seat is higher off the tub then I like. When I fish i like being closer to the ice in case I need to pull the transducer or land a fish at the hole.

Beauty thing about these houses is they can be modified to suit your needs. Maybe you could pull the factory seat and use a camp chair.

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

I switched from a frabill one man to a small eskimo cube, a camp chair, and a sled to drag it all out in and am much happier. Gives me a little more room, it's a lot more comfortable, but maybe a few more minutes to get set up. Cheaper and lighter too.

Just something to think about if you aren't happy with one man flip overs.

On the one man seat question . Bought a clam scout thermal this year to run and gun I have owned several clams but what's with the mesh seat in the scout thermal ? It can't be the weight as I replaced it with a full seat out of my voyager and it is a 1/4 lb lighter than the mesh seat also the regular scout cover does not fit had to go with a pro I had kicking around . All and all it's a great portable.