• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flood Watches/Warnings

RebelSS

Was going over the boat and listening to the flood forecast for SE Minnesota this Spring by the NWS a few weeks ago, probability was low for the river flooding...until now. Flood warning was just issued for Wabasha....and they're saying Zumbro is getting high. I went thru the tackle boxes and rod/reels last week, charged up the boat batteries, planning on getting that license in the next week or two......now, maybe not. Never fails, does it? :angry:

3 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Was going over the boat and listening to the flood forecast for SE Minnesota this Spring by the NWS a few weeks ago, probability was low for the river flooding...until now. Flood warning was just issued for Wabasha....and they're saying Zumbro is getting high. I went thru the tackle boxes and rod/reels last week, charged up the boat batteries, planning on getting that license in the next week or two......now, maybe not. Never fails, does it? :angry:

Wouldna guessed that.  Went over Zumbro near Apache Mall  and and it wasn't unusually high.  not a lot of water going over the dam there either.    

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Does seem kind of odd with not much snow this year and the early back and forth melt down?

Mississippi at Wabasha is supposed to crest on Monday at several inches above flood stage.

12.2 feet when flood stage is 12.0....

17 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Does seem kind of odd with not much snow this year and the early back and forth melt down?

That's exactly what I was thinking....and way down here in the south yet....:confused:

Looks to be fairly minor so far.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=arx&gage=wabm5&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

Gotta agree with that Del. I should have posted this in the "Open Water" forum...my bad. Just realized that. Musta had boating on my mind. ;)

How high's the water, mama?  .2 feet high and rising.   :)

Post wherever...

Well, here's the answer why the river is high and my sump pump has been running for a week...from the NWS today.

A TOTAL OF 3.98 INCHES OF LIQUID PRECIPITATION WAS MEASURED DURING 
THE MONTH. THIS AMOUNT WAS 2.10 INCHES WETTER THAN NORMAL. THIS MADE 
IT THE 3RD WETTEST MARCH AND THE WETTEST SINCE 1951. BELOW ARE THE 
TOP TEN WETTEST MARCHES IN ROCHESTER MN...

WETTEST MARCHES 
        IN ROCHESTER MN
           1886-2016

PRECIPITATION 
   RANK       TOTAL       YEAR
   ----   -------------   ----
     1     4.02 INCHES    1888
     2     4.01 INCHES    1951
     3     3.98 INCHES    2016
     4     3.58 INCHES    1990
     5     3.51 INCHES    2011
     6     3.42 INCHES    1996
     7     3.32 INCHES    1956
     8     3.27 INCHES    1998
     9     3.21 INCHES    2007
    10     3.10 INCHES    1920

THE GREATEST 24-HOUR PRECIPITATION TOTAL WAS 1.16 INCHES 
WHICH OCCURRED FROM THE 15TH INTO THE 16TH. 

THERE WAS A TOTAL OF 14.9 INCHES OF SNOW DURING THE MONTH. 
THIS WAS 6.1 INCHES SNOWIER THAN THE 1981-2010 NORMAL OF 
8.7 INCHES. THE GREATEST ONE-DAY SNOWFALL TOTAL WAS 
5.9 INCHES WHICH OCCURRED ON THE 23RD