• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need New Fishing Licence

reinhard1

9 minutes ago, bobbymalone said:

If you have walleye fever, you don't need to purchase a license in march, you need it in may.    You've got months to get it renewed, rather than clogging up every bait store the night before walleye opener with license sales.  Not that every bait store isn't clogged up with that already.

You realize if you are a year round fisherman, then it makes absolutely no difference when it expires as long as you can remember you need to renew, in which case I think the strongest argument is Jan 1 - Dec 31.   But then the walleye fever people would be butthurt and every year, we'd see a post about remember to renew and everybody would complain they had to renew in the middle of the season.

Like most things fishing related in this state, it's all about that fish that tastes like the batter you fried it in and isn't offensive to the bland scandanavian palates.

Is there any thread you guys don't flirt with each other in?  I thought you were told to get a room.  And that room is the cooking forum.

what ................you don't know how to cook??????????

SO............. a question. legally since I now need a new fishing license and I have some fish from the previous license season in the freezer should I need to keep that said license as long as I have fish from the previous season? I do but not sure if its required. haven't delved that deep into the law book.

Good question...I don't see anything in the regs about long-term storage, BUT I do kknow that if you "gift" any fish, your full name, address, where caught, and the license tag # must be on the pkg....so, I guess I would do that with them, and put the old license right on 'em. All bases covered with that. 

Edited by RebelSS

1 minute ago, ClownColor said:

Its called a possession limit.

Yea I get that. my question remains, I have 10 sunfish in a container caught in or under last years license/season that has 2015  marked on it. I go buy a new/current license go and put 10 more sunfish in a container and freeze it. do I need to keep my 2015 license to prove I had a license for those fish, like you need to keep your deer tag for venny in the freezer?

buy the way I do not HAVE A LIMIT OF ANY FISH SPECIES!

As I posted previously....best I can do...

Good question...I don't see anything in the regs about long-term storage, BUT I do kknow that if you "gift" any fish, your full name, address, where caught, and the license tag # must be on the pkg....so, I guess I would do that with them, and put the old license right on 'em. All bases covered with that. 

Edited 1 hour ago by RebelSS

1 minute ago, Boar said:

reb, its called a possesion limit.

I'm gonna fix that terrible echo we have on here. Hold on.......:grin:

reb, smurf, we better go home. that is a good question smurf, but i doubt it. i can ink in any date on a package of fish and put an old lisence on it.  just eat the fish smurf. come on now, lets go home.

Wait...its still a possession limit right?. Lol. 

U can easily have more then your MN limit in your freezer, as long as you have other state/country license. But if you only own MN licence, it possession limit regardless how many years fishing...and yes, they know if you bought a license last year! 

So let's break this down: you've had a MN license for 20 years...you can't have 120 walleye in the freezer...only 6, unless u have other state/country license.