• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eelpout fest 2016 cooking reports.

Boar

14 hours ago, reinhard1 said:

Great stuff!!!  Reb, Love the Laurel and Hardy stuff.  I think I have all of their films.  Never get's old, always makes me laugh. Great time at the pout fest also.  good luck.

I LOVE them. remember when they were  on WCCO with John Gallos? That was real TV.

13 hours ago, smurfy said:

reiny................don't be encouraging Reb!!!!!!! he instigates enough trouble without encouragement!!!!!!!:P:grin:

You pipe down, Pipsqueak. You've got a big day ahead. Better save yer wind. :grin:

1 hour ago, Boar said:

wers yur fish glenn,?:whistle:

still swimming..............don't worry come thurs you'll get text pictures of my fish!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

I LOVE them. remember when they were  on WCCO with John Gallos? That was real TV.

You pipe down, Pipsqueak. You've got a big day ahead. Better save yer wind. :grin:

why do I have a big day..........I am gonna meet Hillary and don't know it yet???????:P

1 minute ago, Boar said:

yur going spearing, ooooooo.so hard to.do, theres one, speeeeaaar. got em! 

maybe you should try it!! at least you wont need to rely on our crew...........or corny to catch fish fer ya!!!!:P don't worry there will be sunfish and crappie pics!!!!!!!!!

I've speared whitefish with my buddy on our lake.  They just cruise by and you need to nail em on the move.  I bet he get 2/3-3/4 of them that we see.  I'd be lucky to get 10%.  I have no experience, fear of flinging his spear to never be seen again and they are moving.  It's really cool to do though.  We lay on old couch cushions with your nose really close to the water so you can see in all directions.  

32 minutes ago, smurfy said:

still swimming..............don't worry come thurs you'll get text pictures of my fish!!!!!!!

why do I have a big day..........I am gonna meet Hillary and don't know it yet???????:P

That wouldn't be a big day, unless you plan to kennel the bi....uh...female dog. 

WHOOPS!!! Back to original thread.....no hijacking attempts here! :crazy:

Edited by RebelSS

LL is going fishing this weekend for the first time since October.  What a terrible time to go ice fishing.  Haul all the broken gear out from last year, fix it, fish a bit, put it away til next year.  I could qualify as the worst ice fisherman on here, mostly because I don't like ice fishing.  It wears me out even thinking about it.  

29 minutes ago, leechlake said:

LL is going fishing this weekend for the first time since October.  What a terrible time to go ice fishing.  Haul all the broken gear out from last year, fix it, fish a bit, put it away til next year.  I could qualify as the worst ice fisherman on here, mostly because I don't like ice fishing.  It wears me out even thinking about it.  

Oh grow a pair!!:P:lol: ice fishing seperates the nen from the boys!;)

15 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Oh grow a pair!!:P:lol: ice fishing seperates the nen from the boys!;)

the concept alludes me.  In the open water season I'm not a guy that moves around a ton but I do drift and especially in the Summer can find the spot and if the spot moves we can many times find that spot.

Ice fishing.  Pick my spot just like Summer.  Drill holes, put portable on holes, put all the gear in the house, get the heater going and get comfortable.  The temp is between zero and 15 degrees most days.  Fish for a couple hours and then ponder moving if not much is going on.  Unload the gear, move, drill more holes and repeat...what a hassle.

Maybe as practice this week we will make supper, set the table, bring the food over, sit down, say grace and then half way through dinner we will all get up and move into the dining room and finish supper there.  Same concept to me.  We will turn the lights out too and try to find the salt shaker with a cell phone flashlight app when we move and lay some crushed cans  on the kitchen floor and pick them up the next day.

Edited by leechlake

well that should get ya started!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

1 hour ago, Boar said:

Ive spear most of my younger life glenn,  just dont have the tiem buddy, 

they nen? do you mean nonmen, such as you. the nen. cant fish either. or throw a spear.:P:P

BOAR:angry:.......................ah never mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Catching fish is a bonus LL,  getting out of town to the cabin life is what it's all about. That's the way I look at it!!! If I move around I'll do it, but if we're catching just  enough we'll stay put. You better not take your eyes off these fillets this time!!:D