• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Satelite map showing public land boundaries for phone

NELS-BELLS

Can anyone explain how to get the MN public land boundaries on my phone so it will show where you are in relationship to the boundary lines with a satelite image?  I used to have this on another phone and I thought I got the instructions on how to do it from this page.  I remember you had to download something from the DNR page and I thought it was like an overlay that was used with like google maps or something.

The satelite map on the Recreation compass only zooms so far and I don't think it will tell you where you are at.

Thanks,

Nels

The DNR does have an overlay map you can get for Google Earth. It is a .kmz file. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I remember the option to download the kmz file is there. FOr it to work you need to have the ability to run google earth. 

Personally, I also run the Onxmaps hunt app. It costs $30 for the year, but you get the entire state, you get property boundaries for every piece of property, not just public, it shows the zone boundaries, it shows landowner info and several overlays like aerials, topo and roads and trails. ALso the app works offline if you save the maps you need so you don't need full cell service to have the maps you want.