• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Spring turkey permits on sale

DonBo

Hey, Is it illeagal to us a mechanical decoy like the new Mojo Shakin Jake Decoy in minnesota. I know it is illeagal to use a electronic call. Those new Mojo's are pretty darn nice and realistic to boot!!

Hey, Is it illeagal to us a mechanical decoy like the new Mojo Shakin Jake Decoy in minnesota. I know it is illeagal to use a electronic call. Those new Mojo's are pretty darn nice and realistic to boot!!

Also the use of a range finder is not allowed. This was pointed out at one of those Turkey clinics by the Game warden that attended it. This seams to me one of those laws that makes little sense. blue

No range finder lol, for the archery turkey hunters ? What ? Wouldn't that be a great teaching tool to use with youth hunters so they can actually learn another way to field judge distance, a big fluffed tom can appear closer than it maybe really is idk.

I believe the rangefinder law also applies to deer hunting. From what I understand, it's okay to range trees or rocks or decoys or....but not the actual animal.

I'm ready for this white stuff if it happens again. South dakota the snow was up to your waste in spots was very tough going. We did end up with our birds in the first 15 minutes after they flew out of roost. Come running to the calls no decoys. Had birds at 5 yards was a blast but a lot of work. Was not sure we would get any birds with how the weather was and all the snow we had to deal with.

SD2013001_zps78b5e291.jpg

SD2013008_zps61b486bd.jpg