• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Faded Window Frames

fishersofmen

I have Renewal by Anderson windows in the house and believe they are aluminum frames. They are faded pretty bad on the outside from the sun I'm assuming, they are medium brown color frame. Almost like a white film on the outside if I run my finger across the frame it will leave a line. Does anyone have a favorite product that will restore them? Looks like a few different products out there some people say car wax but I wouldn't think that would last...

Did you try contacting Anderson? I usually start with the manufacturer and if they can't give you any info I would ask for contact info for a couple preferred Anderson installers. The installers are usually a great source for info like this as they see a lot of things in the field.

I don't know that Renewal has an aluminum frame. They usually are their Fibrex (composite) material coated with vinyl.

Regular Andersen vinyl clad windows commonly had fading issues with the Terratone color. That's the nature of a dark colored vinyl.

The "chalking" is also common, I know people that have washed them with soap and water to bring the color back some.

Armor-all is another temporary fix.