• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High Hour Yamaha

NAMASafetyDirector

I am looking at an 08 Yamaha F200 that has around 2400 hours on it. Anybody have any reservations about that kind of hours on a Yam? I have read cases online of these engines running good with no issues out to as many as 8,000 hours in extreme cases with proper maintenance. Just looking for either a warm fuzzy feeling or a warning. I am looking to repower my 193 Warrior with a 4stroke.

We are, and I'm with the rest of the posters here, looking at this as a Midwest motor. If it's a southern motor that can easily be on the water as a guides boat or someone who fishes 300 days a year it really comes down to 1.5 hours per trip. If that motor was on a larger river or reservoir system down south it isn't that bad. When I visited a friend in Arkansas it wasn't out of the ordinary to travel 30 miles one way to fish so it can easily be done. With that being said I would have to see maintenance records and have a compression check done to see what kind of condition it is in.

Not the same motor, but I'm quite sure the F115 on the boat I sold last year had at least that many hours. It was an 02. It still ran perfect, never a problem. I know of quite a few very high hour 4 strokes still running fine.

I think I would want a usage map and a good checkup on a big block, high hour motor. There should be a good discount for the hours, I expect. That would be a nice combo.

L-O-W sure eats up hours and miles.