• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cardinal Call

eyeguy 54

I'm no bird expert but reading your post I had to find some audio of the cardinal because the other day I heard an odd sound and sure enough it was a cardinal. Learning new stuff every day.

Now let's hear the first redwingged blackbird of the season...it's time for Spring.

we can start a Spring vs Winter argument...

Spring brings with it thousands of guys worrying about the ice going out in time for Walleye Opener which is generally like worrying if the sun will come up in the morning. Spring brings guys complaining about Native Americans netting or spearing walleyes. Spring brings up conversation of AIS and somebody hearing that if you don't sponge out your boat you are going to jail.

Spring is the Thing...not much rhymes with Winter.

Frankly, I don't like ice fishing that much. I think I go so I can justify having more outdoor gear. I also like walking down to the dock and pressing the button on the boat lift and away I go during open water. Ice fishing is too much work comparatively. I'm lazy...

seeing the female red bellied once in a while now and the pileated. a few finches yet and chickadees and nut hatches but no numbers. have not seen a cardinal for ages. set a record in december of 2013 seeing 5 pair at once at the feeders. hopeully some will come by soon.