• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2015 chevy Silverado with the 6.2L engine

First of all, looking to see if anyone has one yet and see what the new 8 speed tranny is like.

Second, my ideal pickup would have the max towing package on it. But that package is on constraint right now. If anyone has this package, is it worth waiting for? I can get the exact truck I want without the towing package.

Anyone have any information on when these constraints will expire? Any info is greatly appreciated.

My dad has one ordered, is scheduled to be built week of Feb 2. Didn't get the max tow as it has to come with the huge tow mirrors. I've read about them on chev forums and they are getting good reviews from those who have them, no one has put many miles on yet though as they're pretty new.

My dad has one ordered, is scheduled to be built week of Feb 2. Didn't get the max tow as it has to come with the huge tow mirrors. I've read about them on chev forums and they are getting good reviews from those who have them, no one has put many miles on yet though as they're pretty new.

I was told the 6.2 engine is also on constraint. I was looking at or ding one also and was told they are not available.

I have the Serrra verson Denali. Only got 3k miles on it. When I set up deal to trade it was a 2 month wait or so. 8 Speed is different but never notice it without looking at the tach. Shifing down for and slight hill or something of that nature. About 23 MPG on cruise mode

My dads new 6.2 is in the driveway today. 17 miles on odo. Sounds real nice. Have heard the Eco boost motors, they sound like my 4cyl fusion.will see what towing and mpg yields in the coming weeks but for me you just can't beat the old v-8.most forums I've read, although biased toward Chevy,are raving about this motor.great power with good mpg.

The 6.2 is an incredible motor. Put a set of aftermarket manifolds on there and then you REALLY have something.

I love the rumble and when you stomp on it the sound of a musclecar comes emanating from the exhaust. Sure is fun! Oh yeah, and it greats incredible mileage for something pumping out over 400 HP.

Got to drive my dads 15 on Saturday, truck only has 200 miles so I didn't want to really crack it but it is impressive. Trans shifts super smooth and has great power. Dad called me today and said he really got on it today and he is sold. After having numerous 5.3 motors from 01-2013 he can't believe the power this 6.2 has. Can't wait to get my own.

Pulled a 12 ft alum with 2 atv's up to Duluth, got 12.7 up with a stiff headwind and 14 home with no wind. Truck has 600 miles so mpg should get better. Shifts into 7th gear on up hills and doesn't excede 2200 rpm. Seems like one heck of a motor / trans combo.

Got my own new 6.2 with 8 speed in August, for the first 2 wks back and forth to work 50 mile rd trip I averaged 21.8 mpg. Put a leer topper on and my same round trip has been 22.3 mpg. Pretty good for a motor with 420hp. The trans shifts a little strange sometimes but overall been a nice truck with all kinds of power.

Thanks for the updates.

Got my own new 6.2 with 8 speed in August, for the first 2 wks back and forth to work 50 mile rd trip I averaged 21.8 mpg. Put a leer topper on and my same round trip has been 22.3 mpg. Pretty good for a motor with 420hp. The trans shifts a little strange sometimes but overall been a nice truck with all kinds of power.thank for the