• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Root River smallmouth

Jim W

All,

The bite is very strong now. I spent a few hours on a trib to the Root with "Sarge" and the smallies were hard on the feed bag.

We weren't targeting them(should have in after thought), but did spend some time adjusting to the bite at hand!

If you live near a small or medium sized river the time now through early October can be excellent!

Lime green 3 inch berkley crawfish rigged on a 1ot off set gamu, at head a 1/8 oz bullet!

When the plastics are on it generally is a sign for some big fish!

Thought I would share and plan to "target" them the next few outings!lol

Jim W

I would second the hot smallie bite lately! The last couple of outings have been on for smallies on the 'sippi too. It's about that time for the fall migration to predictable structure and they really put the feed bag on for the next 1.5-2 months depending on what body of water you are fishing. Congrats of getting on the smallies!

I've been granted a "Bass Pass" for today!

I plan to wade some water that has given up some very nice smallies in the past.
It's like coming home from a long absence!!!

I'll let you know how things went!

Jim W

[This message has been edited by Jim W (edited 09-03-2004).]

Jim,

This is great idea for this weekend. I don't feel like towing a boat this afternoon up to my parents. I'll throw the waders in the truck instead. You're my inspiration.

BTW - How do you transport 50lbs of tackle and 14 rods while wader fishing?

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Somebody show me where they are! I have had no luck finding them the last 3 times I was out. I'll cancel just about everything on my schedule Monday, Friday, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday.

river rat, I've got nothing for wading. I can't quite get myself to spend money on waders just yet. I'm concentrating on fixing up the boat. I'll be working on it today for about a half hour if I'm not drug out to a lake by my usual fishin' buddy.

If y'all can plan a Friday, Saturday afternoon (2pm or so), or Sunday, that would fit my schedule perfectly.

Just like Jim said, some waders (or swim trunks if the water is warm enough) a vest stuffed with river gear (spinners, plastics, term. tackle, etc...) and I bring 2 spinning rods. I use one and have the other strapped into my vest (most vests will have a rod strap in the front - strap one in and use the other).

RiverRat - I'm working at clearing my schedule to hit the river as much as possible in the coming 4-6 weeks. Now is the time to hit the rivers!