• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Check airbag

05 silverado also with same problem. You have to take it to a shop that has the correct scan tool Its not a quick check dealer wanted $100 to do it. Found a shop that could do it and it came back as the front sensor to start with and maybe more. Parts are not cheap Waiting for warmer weather to proceed.. Most home scanners will not work

You need to get the codes before proceeding. There are hundreds of different things that could be bad. The codes will need to be read with a high end scan tool. Your basic home OBD code reader can not get into the airbag module. Once you have the code you can begin the trouble shooting.

In my experience I've found most often (NOT ALWAYS)it is one of the front impact sensors. Either the right or left side. The easiest/best way is to have it scanned to find out which one. More times than not that is the problem. If you have no access to a scan tool and want to risk the cost of a sensor, ($80 to $90 ) you can buy one, (disconnect the battery) install it on one side, (reconnect battery) then start the vehicle. If it was the bad one the light will go out. If not, take the one you removed and put it on the opposite side. The system does a self test at each start up so if the problem is cured the light will go off. Also, be aware this is not a guaranteed fix. In the absence of a scanner, I did this for a friend and after a lot of frustration learned that both sensors were bad. Lesson learned! crazyAlways disconnect the battery before servicing any air bag sensors. If you are not confident, leave it to an expert

Another much less desirable possibility is the clock spring. Hopefully its not that, I just put one in an 04 with all the steering wheel controls for radio and dash readouts and the part alone was $493 bucks, my cost.