• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportsman ETX's

-Marc V-

Anyone know anything about the Polaris Sportman ETX's? Sounds like some good deals out there on them, and heard their 400 is equivelant to a 500-600. Was thinking about going used with a bigger wheeler but one of these new with what a salesman is saying sounds like a higher out-put engine at a decent price with warranty has me thinking a little bit. Anything good, bad or indifferent is appreciated...

Thanks,

Marc

Ive never heard of an ETX model? Did you mean EFI? The Sportsman that is badged as a 400 is really a 450cc machine I believe.

The 450 is a nice reliable machine that is pretty dependable.

if it was me I would spend a little bit more and get the 570 sportsman and with powersteering if you have the option to.

Otherwise the newer model 550 Sportsmans are a much better machine suspension and ergonomic wise and also offer the power steering option.

Again that's not to say the 400 is a bad machine its just a little dated compared to the newer Sportsmans.

It is an ETX. I think it might be a brand new model Polaris is coming out with maybe. Don't think I want to take a risk on a brand new model before they work out any bugs or kinks with it. I'll probably go back to looking for a Can Am.

sorry I should have googled not sure how I missed this model in any previous press releases.

It looks like a good machine I am not familiar with the 30hp ProStar motor that it comes with, but I have heard nothing but good things about the 570 Prostar motor that I referenced earlier.

After reading it looks like they are just to get them priced with EFI and under $6k which looks like a great entry level unit for someone new to the sport.

I probably wouldn't use it for quite as much trail riding as I would ice fishing and getting me out to my deerstand. More of a utility type of machine than anything. Will use it for some ATV'ing too so would like it to be fun to ride.