• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One day to fishing Smallies; now where?

Grabs

If you had one day (July 23rd ) to fish exclusively smallmouth and you were traveling from the Twin Cities to Bemidji, where would you stop for a day of smallie action? If you prefer not to post your suggestion you can e-mail me [email protected]

Thanks
Chris

I'll second a vote for Mille Lacs.. I was out there on Sunday, pretty good bite.. boated 31 smallies between 2 guys(biggest was 3.15)... Spent most of the day today(tuesday) as well but only boated 14 between 2 guys... Biggest was 4.2

The big lacs can be mean if the wind picks up however. You have to pick a day without much wind..

I didn't do well on cranks either day.. did most of my fish on plastics... very light carolina rigs on rock transitions!

[This message has been edited by Exudedude (edited 06-29-2004).]

Ill send another vote for Mille lacs. Been fishing them a lot lately but cant get them to bite. im new at it but i think im doing it right. i can see them down there they just dont seem too interested.

Mille Lacs or the Mississippi (if you have a smaller...ok real small flatbottom boat). I've never hit 'Lacs, but I've heard it's awesome! The 'sippi is one of my stomping grounds and I always catch some good amounts of fish on the river. Some big, some small...

Thanks guys! Mille Lacs was on our list, but as mentioned with only one day and a specific day at that we don't want to spend the day battling the wind either. We will be fishing out of Lund 1700 Pro Sport so the river is out of the question. We will be in route to a LETS event in Bemidji and would like to spend the day fishing smallies.

Now I am kind of looking for one of those smaller lakes that no one really talks about, not looking to steal someones honey hole as we will be doing 100% C&R and probably won't make it up again even if we wanted to. Just have a free day and thought this would be fun to do, but unsure where we should go. Again if you prefer e-mail me [email protected]