• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV plow or snowblower?

lungdeflator

What are the opinion on this? My driveway is only 45 feet long and is gravel. I might also have to move snow in the alley way sometimes. Out in ND the snow drifts bad and can turn rock hard quickly.

I have a Honda Foreman that would be cabable of moving some snow with a plow. And have been looking at used blowers online. Not sure which would make more sense??

I have both but if I had to pick one the blower would be the winner . Plow will be faster and move all the snow as long as you have room for big banks, not high banks but deep banks and you have to plan for the banks starting with first plow job .

if you can strategize dealing with the snowbanks the plow is the way to go. If you have a neighbor who's blower you can borrow a few times a year that may solve some problems.

I plow my driveway which is kind of long and skinny with a wider parking spot near the garage and use one strategy. I also plow my neighbors which is shorter but wider and I use a different plan on his driveway.

With the plow if the snow is heavy or if we're getting a lot I plan to plow twice or more because you can only push so much snow even with the blade angled all the way.

I'm near ADHD so walking behind the snowblower even in high gear doesn't work for me. The plow works great except a few times a year. When I'm out of town my neighbor uses my plow, if I came home to a foot of wet snow with the plow I'd be in a pickle.

Do you mean a blower on the ATV? I don't have an ATV yet but am looking into one, one of the main reasons being to plow our 1/5 mile long gravel driveway. Right now, I do it with a very big walk behind blower or my neighbor does it with his skid loader during extreme snowfalls. He alternates between using the blower attachment or bucket. I looked into a blower with a hydraulic pack for an ATV, but seems like it would cost as much as the ATV! So I'm thinking ATV with a plow if decide to buy one.,

Thanks for the thoughts. I ended up buying a used snowblower a few days ago. A 1992 Toro with a Tecumseh 8 HP engine. The guy I bought it from fixes snowblowers in his spare retirement time, had a guy drop this one off and ended up buying a different one from him. So I ended up with this one for 200$ and after seeing the original receipt for 1000$ when it was brand new and running it for 45 minutes the other night, I think I got a really good deal.