• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My best day Mushrooming............EVER

So I got out to 2 different spots on Saturday. The first was a ton of spored out Lobsters and only 2 goodies. So I figured for as much that I found past prime I would go to my other spot where I've only seen 2 previously and was told that I was too early. Well I wasn't this time, the lobsters were everywhere. Again I found a ton of spored out ones but I did end up with a nice basketful of them, as well as some of the largest Chants I had ever seen and I even jumped aboard the Polyporous umbellatus band wagon. Didn't find any Hens but I'm not sure about those yet so I need more time in the woods.

Here was the first 200 feet on the road............this is going to be goooooood!

full-1410-48550-photo2(1).jpg

After finding a bunch more lobsters I stopped by my Chanterelle spot to see if there were any stragglers.........wow, these were the mutants.

full-1410-48551-photo3(3).jpg

Proceeded on to find a bunch more lobsters some of them were tricky little buggers!

full-1410-48554-photo4(2).jpg

and then the Prize of the hunt, the Umbellatus!

full-1410-48552-photo3(4).jpg

So after all was said and done I ended up with a ton of tasty viddles. The only thing that could have made the day better was if I would have had someone along to share the experience with.

full-1410-48553-photo5.jpg

Yep, Matt was my first text I sent after finding that beauty.......I was way off course peaking for Chanterelles when I went to climb up a hill......put my hand on the hill and it was sitting in front of my face.

I had my best day of picking ever also this weekend. I'd never found my own lobster patch up until yesterday, obviously I've got one now! The number of chanterelles was unreal also. Lots that were just a tad too old and a lot that were still good. We quit picking them after a while, just had to draw the line somewhere! On the way back to the car my cousin found a hen. It was his first time picking summer mushrooms, needless to say he's hooked!

Vykas1J.jpg