• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storing Video Files

I recently picked up a Go Pro. I am copying the files from my laptop (Windows 7) to discs. The CD's have very little space so I bought some DVD+R Dual Layer discs made by Memorex. They have an 8.5GB capacity. I can record only one file per DVD. When I try to add another video file the computer rejects the disc and sends me a msg indicating the disc is not writeable. Am I using the wrong discs? The files I am working with are about a quarter gig in size.

I think you need to get DVW RW instead. the main difference between DVD R and DVD RW is that the R is a write-once format. Data can be burned on the DVD only once. On the other hand, data on an RW disc can be erased and rewritten several times.

My opinion, why are you messing with discs? Get an external hard drive at the very least to put them on. For me, I use a stand alone media system. I can store vids, pics, music etc on it and share it across my network. You can even put it on the internet as your personal cloud so you can access these files from anywhere using any device.