• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

got a 01 jayco Kiwi Camper and want a inexpensive antenna

x1957x

What is the best T/V antenna (the best bang for the buck) out there. I want to take the camper up around the red lake falls area this fall and I want to take the wife with. She needs the t/v to survive. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. I have a newer LED Vizio flat screen in the camper with a DVD player now. Thanks alot,, x57x

They make powered RV antennas you can buy. But if you just want to try something cheap go to that sells site and look for something used to see what works and if it doesn't resell it on there and try another. wink

You can go two ways, you can buy the ones that mount to the camper or you can buy a digital TV antennae and find a place to put it once you get to camp.

I'm not sure what kind of TV your wife is expecting while in the Red Lake Falls area. EVen when we set up near a city like Mankato or Duluth we only get a handful of stations using the digital antennae.

If she expects more than the basic four local networks then you are looking for a satellite receiver setup.

I think she is content with a few local channels like the LMN, Hallmark,QVC etc... LOL>>>.Anyways, Is there a camper style or seasonal like satellite contract type thing with for instance the dish style type t/v antenna? If not what is a good digital? I looked at the Winegauuurd ones. Just need the direction to go with this not where to go to purchase it? Thanks

If she wants "cable/Sat" type channels than you need to look into a portable satellite setup. There are several choices out there and they are very user friendly. SOme are completely portable and others you mount the dish on the roof. FOr your setup I would check out the portable versions.

SOme are with Dish, some DirecTV. Camping World has a fairly good selection so you can see whats out there and then you can shop around for other options. We see lots of people with these when we hit the road. Its very common now.

The regular Winguard or however you spell it are only picking up over the air stations. COnsider them a modern version of the bunny ears you had on your old TV. You will pick up 3-6 channels at best and it will be local networks only. You're lucky to get the news.