• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Walleye/Crappie Fishing Near Brookings?

Evening Fellas,

I'm working out of town (Ivanhoe, MN) and staying in Brookings, SD right now. Brought the boat with to stay and fish over the weekend.

Where would be the best place to start right now? I talked to a very helpful young lady from a bait shop near Lake Thompson and she suggested to try there. Any other good fishing lakes that you could help to point me towards? (MN or SD)

I'm also willing to travel if I had to (to) Oahe or up to the prairie region if the fish are biting smile Any help or pointers are very much appreciated.

I would also have an open seat for anybody that would put me (us) on some local fish smile A big thanks again guys!

Dry lake by the town of willow lake is supposedly hot for walleyes right now. it's a lake with very primitive landing area and dock so be prepared for that. heard it's a zoo there on weekends but maybe not so bad during week.

[Edited, Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You.]

Dry lake by the town of willow lake is supposedly hot for walleyes right now. it's a lake with very primitive landing area and dock so be prepared for that. heard it's a zoo there on weekends but maybe not so bad during week.

[Edited, Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You.]

This is true. If you don't mind driving the 75 miles go to dry. Pulling raps would be easiest. College buddies had there 5 man limit in 2 hours. Its a zoo but you will catch fish

Thanks for the info guys smile Is it Dry Lake 2 you are talking about? The girl I talked to mentioned that as well.

Anybody know if there is a lake map available? Might try to sneak up there late this afternoon with a couple guys from my crew.

Also have an open seat this weekend for those that helped me out smile

Thanks again

-Brandon

B-Man715

"I talked to a very helpful young lady from a bait shop near Lake Thompson and she suggested to try there."

The bait shop near Lake Thompson should be able to help you with a map for Dry Lake No. 2.

Thanks guys. We went out for little bit last night and had a lot of fun smile

Caught a lot of fish, there appears to be a great year class of 14-15" eyes.

This afternoon we are going to fish Thompson. A few guys at the cleaning station had some bigger walleyes with several nice crappies mixed in.

........So many lakes.......so little time smile