• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will a Crestliner 1750 and 1850 fit in a double garage without angling it?

I have a double garage with a standard size of 18x22 feet. Will a Crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk with a 115 horsepower fit on one side of the garage so that I could still close my garage door and park another car next to it?

I don't want to have to slant the boat and angle it because I need the parking space next to it for my wife's car.

How about a Crestliner 1850 Fish Hawk with a 150 hp? Will that fit in a double garage 18x22 without having to angle the boat?

Ideally, I would like to get a 1850 with a 150 hp motor, but if the 1750 is the only one that will fit inside a double garage without having to angle it then 1750 it is. If a 1750 is too long, then I may have to consider a 1650 instead.

The boat will. Not sure about the boat on the trailer though. Trailer style might make or break you.

My 17.5' alumacraft on the trailer, 75hp motor all the way down, is about 21' 8". Barely fits in my garage. Not a long tongue on the trailer.

18ft deep garage sounds like it awful small.My garage is 22 ft deep at the lake and at home 24ft.I wish at times both were 26ft deep!

It may help if you look at the boats on trailers and bring a measureing tape.Then you can make the decision.

Boat motor and trailer length is 21-5 on the 1850. Does it have a swing away tongue? Does it have a jackplate and if so how big? These are all factors that will determine if it fits. I agree with the previous post that said go out and measure them to be sure.

In your driveway or wherever the boat currently is, put a chalk spot down on one end where the motor is in the position it would be in your garage (you can use spray paint if you're renting grin ) and another spot where the front end of the trailer would be (remember to "swing" back a swing tongue trailer before marking). Whip out ye olde Tape Measure and check it out.

18x22 is not standard, that's small.

Is it 18' wide or deep? If it's 18' deep then no.

If it's 22 deep, yes the 1750 will fit with a swing tongue. The 1850 might. This of course is assuming it's a standard trailer.

The only real way to know would be to measure it.