• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decals

Fellow I used to have my custom made decals has stopped making them. Who do you all use for the custom decals?

Would like to use someone locally within the state but do not have to.

Not looking for the company that offers the typical colored fish decals but a shop that will make what you design or send to them.

I'm not sure what going rate is for decal printing, but DC seems like they are a tad more expensive than I would like just for printing a name on a decal.

I believe the Hole place that sells rod building supplies prints decals now. At least I seem to remember seeing the service in the catalog.

I'm not sure what going rate is for decal printing, but DC seems like they are a tad more expensive than I would like just for printing a name on a decal.

$3 is too much? Not to me, for a professional label. If your looking for cheap get a p-touch or a silver marker and do it by hand.

I recieved 1 decal from them, made wrong, they are making another.

It will be tough to have Chad gone as he was close and did a fantastic job on everything he did for me.

I was going to have them make another decal for me but I was asked to get the vector file for the decal and I cannot get that, So much for using that decal anymore. The price was so high for that decal that I would not have had Decal connection make it for me anyways.

I will be looking for someone else besides Decal Connection. Got charged for the redo and was not real happy about that as I sent them an e-mail, talked to the guy 2 times and then they made the decal wrong even after 3 total conversations.

Hmmm thanks for the update Harvey, sorry to hear about the decal. Almost sounds like we would be better off finding the equipment and priting logos ourselves... If you find a company worth while let me know and I'll do the same!

Will do.

I was shocked that they would charge me again for a $4 decal. My wife said I probabaly made a mistake when I ordered it and I showed her the e-mail I sent, she said no, that's about as plain as it could have been. Then 3 phone calls, 1 from Debbie Brown and then 2 more from another Brown.

I guess I would rather pay the added fee again than call another to make this decal as the customer is waiting for his rod and I am waiting for 1 decal to finish it.

By the time I get this next remake, it will have taken 2.5 weeks to get 1 decal, not acceptable.

Still a wrong decal.

Yes, when I find another company, I will let you know.

If Chad were to start again and double his fee, I would go back in a heartbeat. Chad has CS and is fast and great in what he does. I will not find another that will replace his work, ever.

I have never had problems with Decal Connection. I order on Monday and by Thursday they are in the mail. I use there on line order form and no problem. If I need a different color I will call and order them but only one was the wrong size and they replaced it at no charge. I had ordered 5 decals that time and she just got the wrong font size.

Have any of you tried making your own decal on water slide decal paper that you can buy for an inkjet printer? You make whatever you want and print it off. Once it's printed off, you spray it with clear spray paint and put it on. I haven't paid for a decal since I saw a tutorial online how to do it. I need better photo editing software though, because as of now I'm kind of limited on the decals that I can create.

I have tried with the inkjet printer. It did not turn out to good. I talked to a couple places and they all said it depends on the formula of the ink. Some inks work and some do not. My printer is not one they suggested. Lasers are coming down in price so in a couple of years I will get one. I have the paper for it and had a print shop in town make some special decals for me. I have a black laser now and do my own decals if they are black and turn out great. I paid $60 during the holidays for it.

I've used DC for quite some time now and I've been very pleased with them. I once had a "special" logo decal made that I had to request documentation for reproducing it. DC did a great job on it. When I first started with them I would request a .pdf file of the decal before they printed it to make sure they had it right. If you have a unique decal you might want to see if they can send you a .pdf file before printing and then reply back with corrections or your approval to print.

DC has always been great to work with and top notch people.