• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Return of the "Decoy of the Month" threads...

I am going to start up the "Decoy of the Month" thread again starting in April. I figure I will run it monthly from April thru November giving us 8 chances to compare how the different carvers go about the same decoy or style of decoy. Please don't look at this as a competition, just a compare and contrast as well as a chance for some people who might just be starting out to share different things or try different things.

I have an idea for April as well as a couple others. I would like to hear what others would like to see or if there are some other ideas, maybe off the wall items, even non-fish stuff.

Whata ya got? Whata ya want to see?

Ha! That's funny grin

By definition a daredevil would be a "red and white cheater"

Like I said I have an idea for April that's a carry over from last season. The rest of the suggestions that have come in or that I have dreamt up will go into the hat and I will have my kid pull one at the start of each month.

Just a few of the possibilities that have been tossed into the hat:

Red/white cheater

Frog

Perch

Sunfish

Crappie

Walleye

Swordfish

Tuna

Fruit/veg (the Gordy pickle)

Flying fish

Sucker

Military item (boat/plane/bomb)

Whitefish

Teaser

Whitefish teaser

???what???

Mono fin decoy

Can of soup

If you have anything to add post it, email it, or find a way to get it to me and I will make sure it is added to the hat.

Let's have some off season fun with this. If you've never carved or been hesitant to post completed decoys give it a try. If you do make decoys it is a chance to show what you can do or step out if the box and try something new. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask. There are people who visit the site who will be more than willing to help out or offer up "advice". We all do it differently and all have different perspectives from ultra realistic to cartoonish, from traditional style to modern, refined to artsy. And none of those ways is wrong. (Even dorkfish and those stinking wooden tails)

What's the worst that could happen?