• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winch problem

swampman

I have a Polaris winch/glacier plow that is getting close to 10 years old. The problem that I have been having is that after plowing for awhile the winch won't raise the plow, no sound or anything but it will still lower the plow without a problem. If I bring it in the garage where it is warm for awhile it functions fine again, anybody had this happen or ideas? thanks

I had the same problem with a Warn winch this summer - lot of lifting and lowering the plow as I was using it to clean up after bucking a huge tree...the winch was overheating. Could be the same issue you are having, put it in the building and let it sit and it cools down then works, if I let mine sit for a few minutes it would work again. Check around the winch and make sure there is nothing packed in around it to keep air from moving around.

I had similar symptoms with my warn, would only spool one way. After breaking off most of the bolts for the winch mount thinking the winch was the culprit I figured out it was the contactor. Got an aftermarket one online for $28. Was pretty foolproof to install.